Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

A Day On The Is200

wicked677

Decided to give the car some attention on this lovely Sunday. Went for a trip of Halfords and got some clay (first time with this stuff).

Began with a wash with the pressure washer using turtlewax wash and wax (very crappy stuff would not recommend as it left tonnes of smears).

Dried it off with microfibre clothes. Clayed the whole car including lights and windows. Didn't really notice much difference at the time, applied the wax that came with it. Excellent results! Have never used clay before so was sceptical before handing over £25 on it. Looks amazing, mirror finish. As a regular user of turtlewax it does left white powder all over the car - this stuff was amazing.

Completed it off with wonder wheels alloy cleaner (the best stuff ever don't use all those other alloy cleaners) and some type gel for wet look.

Here are some pics of the results, not the best but you can see it gives it the plastic mirror look:

DSC00140.JPG

DSC00147.JPG

DSC00153.JPG

DSC00157.JPG

Bit wary of using sites light gumtree as seller could wonder off with money and never send... have been looking on eBay and on here for some front fogs. Genuine ones not sprayed.

Get these tidy/match up your front end ;)

Absolutely sound guy I send him a cheque and he posted to me in Northern Ireland

Very cheap! I bought his tail light

satin finish fogs

Your wheels are in Fantastic nic!

Great job;)

Looks good! I've converted many people to clay it is immense! Why did you dry the car prior to claying and did you wash again after the clay?

Try get a ph nutural shampoo doesn't leave marks.

Get those products and cloths off the floor!! :D

Keep up the good work!

I dried as the turtlewax wash & wax left too many smears on the paintwork... it would have covered the clay, will def try a shampoo!

Am going to be claying an astra when the sun goes down... will post results there too, amazing stuff

I dried as the turtlewax wash & wax left too many smears on the paintwork... it would have covered the clay, will def try a shampoo!

Nah don't worry about that! Also as a tip, when you run out of quick detailer, put a cap of car wash/ shampoo in the bottle and fill with water. Hey presto free bottle of lube! thats all it needs to be essentially not expensive detailer. ;)

Any SANE person would be wary of these sites. However I had awful trouble finding a matching tail light Lexus themselves couldn't get one. and I bought so many on eBay.

I took the risk and can positively say I trust the seller in the link! sure send a cheque you can cancel it up to 30day after clearing. And you have his address. When these Fogs are rare and he is selling these cheap risk it he is genuine!

I'd be tempted to buy them for you just to match up your front end;)

Bit wary of using sites light gumtree as seller could wonder off with money and never send... have been looking on ebay and on here for some front fogs. Genuine ones not sprayed.

Absolutely sound guy I send him a cheque and he posted to me in Northern Ireland

satin finish fogs

Great job;)

PM sent

Any SANE person would be wary of these sites. However I had awful trouble finding a matching tail light Lexus themselves couldn't get one. and I bought so many on eBay.

I took the risk and can positively say I trust the seller in the link! sure send a cheque you can cancel it up to 30day after clearing. And you have his address. When these Fogs are rare and he is selling these cheap risk it he is genuine!

I'd be tempted to buy them for you just to match up your front end;)

Bit wary of using sites light gumtree as seller could wonder off with money and never send... have been looking on ebay and on here for some front fogs. Genuine ones not sprayed.

satin finish fogs

Great job;)

Hi mate, as a keen car detailer myself just a tip

Don't use wonder wheels every time as we all know Lexus wheels are prone to corrosion at some stage and car plan wonder wheels is VERY acidic. After use make sure you rinse well and then seal/wax the alloys with the most durable wax you possess.

Just a friendly tip and a warning to keep those alloys looking tip top.

excellent job though car looks very nice

oh and a link to a very good site www.cleanyourcar.co.uk very good service and a lot cheaper for clay etc than hellfords :)

all the best

Aaron

Thanks for tip Aaron, will make sure I wash wonder wheels off next time. The Astra I am going to work on has thick black tar stuck on that even wonder wheels couldn't clear off. Any recommendations? I hear that WD40 will remove that...

Thanks for tip Aaron, will make sure I wash wonder wheels off next time. The Astra I am going to work on has thick black tar stuck on that even wonder wheels couldn't clear off. Any recommendations? I hear that WD40 will remove that...

Hi Mate,

Yep as I said make sure you rinse well after use and if you can to be honest just try and use your car shampoo to clean once they are in a good state i.e. next few washes after using wonderwheels.

Wonder wheels is probably the strongest wheel cleaner available and dont get me wrong even the Pro guys use it but as a last resort. as for the astra I have had vauxhalls previously before the lexus and the wheels are...... well not good lol.

Wonder wheels you can use ok because they dont corrode often so use that with a stiff brush (the one you get with it is far too soft to be effective unfortunately) a toothbrush is fine and small to get into gaps. Then after a couple of go's with the wonder wheels cut off a small quarter of your clay (if you still have any) and use that on the wheels (bin it after use though!).

There are many more weird and wonderful products on the market such as Autosmart Tardis (Tar remover) and IronX which disolves metal filings and contaminants but both are expensive and in my opinion good but it all depends how far you want to take it to be honest.

After the wheels mate chuck on a coat of wax (Autoglym super resin polish or even that bottle of turtle wax in the garage it doesnt matter) and this will make all the difference in looks and protection.

Sorry for waffling on and hope it helps.

All the best

Aaron

The only thing that takes TAR off effectively is petrol.

Put it in an empty spray gun bottle and the tar literally melts;) wash the car/wheels again after.

The petrol will melt the rubber seal in the pump unless you buy one that is suited for petroleum based products. I use an old auto glym tar remover bottle. (never used the Auto Glym stuff just emptied it and fill it with petrol.

"Poor Boys" wheel sealer is the ticket

Hi mate, as a keen car detailer myself just a tip

Don't use wonder wheels every time as we all know Lexus wheels are prone to corrosion at some stage and car plan wonder wheels is VERY acidic. After use make sure you rinse well and then seal/wax the alloys with the most durable wax you possess.

Just a friendly tip and a warning to keep those alloys looking tip top.

excellent job though car looks very nice

oh and a link to a very good site www.cleanyourcar.co.uk very good service and a lot cheaper for clay etc than hellfords :)

all the best

Aaron

Thanks :)its 04 only thing retrofitted so far is the arm rest and 2nd Generation IS Wipers. I want the grey wheels too;) that was just a test photo on photoshop. I'm going to retrofit these in next couple of weeks.

nicelight.png

yours looks good I am after some of those rims in grey, you got an 05 reg? or you retrofit everything?