Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Supercharge Or Turbo The Is300 Sportcross?

Hello guys,

In the search of more power ... does anyone know if it is possible to super charge or turbo ... the IS300?

Mine is a 2002 model and Automatic Gearbox with steering controls.

Cheers

Vasilis

Hi Sparky,

I am a member there as well... but I remember when I had my Supra they were saying better buy a turbo Supra than try to turbo an N/A ...

I am sure the electrics in my IS are not the same ie gearbox and ECU... so was looking for an answer about how it affects the VVTi and electrics etc.

but you cant buy a turbo IS so you'll have to turbo the engine, and its fairly easily done. The vvti is the same as the supra. The ecu will be different yes but you'll need a piggyback to handle it anyway as you cant change the standard one,

alternatively look on my.is site as they turbo lots of IS300's in the US.

Sounds like I am setting ... for a Turbo addition then. If it is easily done :shifty: even better.

I love the looks of the car, it has good enough mileage on it and mint condition so would like to make it better and improve it.

Just need to find out the money figures now :blink:

you can charge them as well. theres a couple of Charged IS300's i know off nice cars. the kits are bolt on as well so can be done at home.

What would be the benefits of a supercharger?

or the benefits of a turbo on this engine?

:whistling:

• 8 months later...

that will be the same as on every car... supercharger has it's generally gradual pressure build up vs a turbo... but if you want to go balls out on power turbo is the way to go...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links