Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Supercharger With Hks Fcd - Still Not Ideal...

Hi all,

I finally managed to get a charger from Switzerland. Got it rebuilt just to make sure it pushes right and installed with the HKS FCD. However, I am not happy with the way it is pushing when I push the gas pedal down. From 2500 to 3500 rpm, when I give it full throttle, the acceleration is not smooth and it seems like there is a little cut. It is not a fuel cut as such, I tried w/out the FCD and so I know the FCD works, but I have to push the pedal slowly within the mentioned rpm range in order to avoid the pulling back. From 4000 rpm up, it kicks hard up to 6000 on all gears. Belt is new and tight, everything else is correctly mounted.

Any ideas or is this normal with the charger kit?

what belt you running as the 5pk800 even when at its tightest can still slip due to the tensioner being all the way to its furthest point.

i use the 5pk790 belt....hard to get but worth it

I tried various settings from 7 to 11. No difference in smoothness.

TO Ormi: I am using 5PK790 belt-Contitech-new. It is very tight fit. I already took advantage from your previous experience..:)

• 3 weeks later...