Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

High Pressure Power Steering Feeder Pipe

Hi

I have a 2003 RX 300 that had a whirring noise coming from the engine. I have just been informed by Lexus that the high pressure power steering feeder pipe is leaking and i should not drive the car. Cost of repair is £900. The car has only done 70k mileage and this latest problem is one of a long list of problems i have had with the car including all 4 height sensors being replaced last year. Has anyone else had a problem with the power steering pipe as i am thinking of contacting Lexus to find out whether this is a manufacturing fault. Alternatively does anyone know of any other recommended Lexus repairers?

Hi

I have a 2003 RX 300 that had a whirring noise coming from the engine. I have just been informed by Lexus that the high pressure power steering feeder pipe is leaking and i should not drive the car. Cost of repair is £900. The car has only done 70k mileage and this latest problem is one of a long list of problems i have had with the car including all 4 height sensors being replaced last year. Has anyone else had a problem with the power steering pipe as i am thinking of contacting Lexus to find out whether this is a manufacturing fault. Alternatively does anyone know of any other recommended Lexus repairers?

Sounds like bad luck or more likely an eight year old car.

You do not say where you are so no help on alternative repairers possible.

• 2 weeks later...

Funny you should mention this. My 68000 mile 04 RX has just been in for an MOT - where it leaked PS fluid and failed. Apparently the pipe is badly corroded. £900? to replace a pip and refill? I sincerely hope not.

• Like 1

Funny you should mention this. My 68000 mile 04 RX has just been in for an MOT - where it leaked PS fluid and failed. Apparently the pipe is badly corroded. £900? to replace a pip and refill? I sincerely hope not.

Yep. Snap. My car has done around 115k on a '04 plate when it went a couple of weeks back. Cost about £200ish to get everything sorted at a main dealer...

• 3 weeks later...

my rx 300 has done 108000 it also had a leaking ps pipe it was a steel pipe on the osf behind wheel on top off chassis member got a new one made from local hydraulic hose guy

£10 my mate fitted it for free dont know where some people get there prices from

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

Hi,

I know this thread is old BUT my 53 plate RX SE-L, 106000m, also has (according to Mr Lexus) 2 power steering pipe leaks...

I think my pump is fine (steering feels good, no weird noises from engine bay or whining)...

Could I replace the pipes or would it be wise to get the pump refurb kit and sort it at the same time as the pipes incase it is the pump seals or just for "preventative" maintenance for the future? Thoughts?

Also, as Mako in the post above mentions, is there anything wrong or inadvisable getting a hydraulic company to fabricate replacement pipes?

Thanks for reading!

• 2 years later...

Advice sought please.

Anyone else had this problem? Wide range of prices. Was considering buying an 04 RX300 but it has a small power steering leak on a hose as an advisory on the MOT. 

Service history looks good but am a bit nervous if the potential cost is around £900!  Any thoughts guys? Walk away? Or Worth a gamble?

• 9 months later...

Anyone know the size of the metal pipe that was the issue or the rubber pipe work either side?  I have the same thing on mine, I think I can replace the metal pipe with a hydraulic hose and get some fittings either side but need to know the diameter - its on the low pressure side of the system so a lot easier to fix.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links