Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Bypass Or Bov

hi,

I am starting a d.i.y charger build,as I cant justify shelling out 2 grand or so for the tte kit. I was wondering when installing the Eaton charger,could I blank of the bypass port(so I will only have the intake pipe and the outlet,no need for the bypass pipe) and use a bov instead,would it do the job given the relative low boost output?

i think the fords run like this from what I can gather?

anyone done this sort of build,or am I just pissin in the wind.

thanks.

cheers guys,

the M62 I have hasn't got any manifolds on it,so I will have to fab them myself,not a prob,but if I can use a bov I wont have to fabricate the bypass,or buy a butterfly throttle body,and I cant be arsed chasing the rare tte bits.

thanks for the replies though,always helpfull on this site. B)

yep will do,

might take me a while though,im good at building stuff,but crap at the technical bits. :tomato: when funds and the wife allow I will buy little by little until I have enough bits to make something with.

just doing a induction kit with a piper-cross viper see how it goes at the weekend.

cheers.

Good stuff, I like to see someone get creative with their car :)

Not sure if you meant building an induction kit or just fitting one, but I did a guide on how to build your own when I made mine a few weeks ago. Might be useful to have a look at even if you skip some of the steps :)

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=73672

Good stuff, I like to see someone get creative with their car :)

Not sure if you meant building an induction kit or just fitting one, but I did a guide on how to build your own when I made mine a few weeks ago. Might be useful to have a look at even if you skip some of the steps :)

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=73672

ahh yes,

im building one and fitting it,hopefully ha-ha,yes ive seen your build,top effort,love your engine bay,mine is crappy looking,i did a test fit last weekend all seems fine, I will have to copy your idea if OK of extending the air sensor though,got a cold air feed from the front spoiler,but ill think ill pipe it all the way through instead of having a gap between the inside wing and the filter,if all goes well ill post some pics,if i can figure it out.

cheers,

terry.

the charged sounds awfull without the bypass....seriously it sounds like its going to blow up

does it, that's crap then,may well have to think about getting a butterfly throttle body then,and that means me fabbing an extra outlet,cheers ormi.

is it because of the pressure build up or what? ive just got an hks ssqv on order as well,bugger....never mind will prob try it anyway.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links