Lexus Owners Club Messages

Review Your Lexus

Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours, review your Lexus now!

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bagsy

High Tension Cables

4 posts in this topic

Hello, Can anyone help?

Rats have gone into my car and chewed through the high tension cables. Lexus in Isleworth say or think the cables are the same as the spark /plug/ignition cables, but they are not sure! Nevertheless I need to buy new cables ( x 2 cables). Does anyone know where I can buy these from?

I have a Lexus GS300 MK II, year 2000 X reg. I have a picture but couldn't see how to attach it.

Thanks in advance for any advise.

Would definitely need to see the picture to understand what you are talking about. I'm sure the mk2 GS's have coilpacks on each plug so don't have HT leads :unsure:

Yeah, I can see the pics. Funny setup they've gone for on these :blink:

They are the HT leads/Cords that go from the individual coil packs to the spark plugs. I would've thought any breakers breaking a Mk2 GS300 would probably have some, try ebay or one of the online breaker services.

It does look like some of the wiring to the coil pack has taken a hit too though from the second pic.