Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

P2002 Fault Code Is 220D

weeman664

Had a new engine but the egr/cat was only cleaned out. Getting 500 miles easily on a full tank which is up from 430. Feels like a different car, the one it should have been in the first place. The torque characteristics are different and the 6th is now usable. My rear calipers were done under warranty at the same time as the engine.

Just had my is220d si taken away to the main dealer for the same problem. AA man says error code 2002. It is within warranty period but now I have noticed that the mileage is 61,750. I didn't mention this, and wasn't asked when I was speaking Lexus assist. What do you think the chances are of it being done under warranty? It is rather worrying that such a lot of these engines have the same problem and Lexus haven't recalled them.

The warranty on the engine is 5years or 100k miles which ever comes first. Standard warranty is 3yrs/60k, as it just over they do apply discretion. I think you should be ok with getting your car fixed under warranty. If your dealer doesn't support you call Lexus Customer Relations in the first instance, but I don't think you will need to since your car has now a registered a fault to a well know problem with this car. Keep us posted.

• 5 months later...

Hello,

I see in a few posts that there is mention of a 5 year engine warranty. I've looked on he Internet and I can't find any official lexus website confirming this. Does anyone happen to have a link?

Also is this a manufacturer warranty or a pre-approved Lexus warranty (that you'd get if you bought from a Lexus garage). I ask as I bought my Lexus from a Honda garage chain.

As per one of the posts above I fear my car might be giving signs of this fault. Car is all of a sudden very sluggish. Obviously there could be other reasons for this, but there's nothing like a potential £5k repair bill to start the panic setting in! I've not had any warning lights or anything come on yet so I guess there's nothing wrong until a light comes on?

Thanks everyone!

Alex

• 1 year later...

I know this thread hasn't seen any activity in a while, but thought it would be useful to provide you with some recent info.

So 19.30 on 23rd December the dreaded lights came on the car and not much later in a journey it went into limp mode, after some research on this forum my heart sank starting to read this thread thinking the worst. I'd noticed a performance dip over the previous two weeks but hadn't really thought much of it, although hindsight says I should have paid attention to that as it was the first indication of an issue.

I visited a local garage after boxing day who confirmed the worst, P2002 error code. They cleared it and told me to take it for a run to see if it would clear but within seconds the lights lit up again and went into limp mode. I then started getting advice over cleaning the unit, or the cost of replacement but it's obviously not the best time to be paying out £££'s on the car.

As some people on here mentioned a 7yr warranty I thought I'd check it out with Lexus and called my local dealer. Although they confirmed that there wasn't a warranty option as my car is just over 5 years old; they knew about the issue and what was the first step in trying to resolve the issue. So took it in today and left it with them for a few hours......

£204 later and the car is fixed, lights off, no limp mode, performance so much better with good acceleration before 2000revs etc.... not bad for a manufacturer repair hey. Local garage quoted about £600-700 to clean the DPF, but it would appear Lexus has a way of forcing the regeneration.... Phew!

but it would appear Lexus has a way of forcing the regeneration.... Phew!

Lucky for me i didn't need to pay for force regen at lexus dealers last month when i had my car in for service they did it free for inconvience considering i told them about the code p2002.

They use the MINI VCI cable andToyota TIS Techstream software to do the force regeneration. These can be purchased off eBay for couple of quid. I've never worked out how to force regenerate while vehicle is stationary but i have last week forced regenerated dpf while vehicle was being driven, a constant speed of 80mph at 3000 Rev's with laptop connected best have another person select the test menu to "ACTIVATE THE DPF REJUVENATE (PM)" status goes from "standby" --> "ready" -->"operate" --> "complete" meaning successful regeneration of dpf. From now on i will do this once a month. The beauty about the software is from the data list you will see exhaust temperatures reaching over 600 deg C, piece of mind knowing that temperatures are reaching top figures to burn the soot. You will also see other useful live data from the list. Attached a few screen shots

post-48710-0-34355100-1420057595_thumb.j

post-48710-0-95802000-1420057610_thumb.j

• 2 weeks later...

Wow that is cool. I've read lots of scare stories about cheap ebay leads and software, giving false values etc...but that looks like a great job there. How long did you run it at 3000 revs for?

Cheers

I was in 4th gear at 3000 revs (80MPH) for about 15 minutes i would say before status changed to complete on the software. I was well chuffed :) considering i've had this kit for a while. I have always been looking for a way on how to regenerate dpf when vehicle is stationary its only when i translated the european lexus forum (spanish to english) and it was mentioned their how do it while vehicle was being driven.

Wow that is cool. I've read lots of scare stories about cheap ebay leads and software, giving false values etc...but that looks like a great job there. How long did you run it at 3000 revs for?

Cheers

The software is Toyota's official diagnostic tool. Obviously if you were to purchase from eBay and use you would be doing so illegally. The easiest way to obtain legally would be to subscribe to Lexus' online service, the 1 year sub includes the software for around £2000 + VAT.

http://www.lexus-tech.eu/OnlineSubscriptions.aspx