Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Also check your door courtesy light switches are all working correctly as on earlier models these did cause alarm problems when they go intermittent and the alarm then thinks a door has been opened and it goes off.

is there a way to see what triggered the alarm?. can't remember if it leaves a message on the screen

does it go off straight away , of maybe after a while?

top of my list to check would be car Battery holding charge.(charged good Battery should be able to sound the alarm all night without going flat!)

door (and bonnet/boot) switches as mentioned above.

the shock (or whatever) sensor is mounted under the arm rest - usually just loose in there , might be worth adjusting it (or unplugging it?).

If you are using the remote to lock/unlock I suggest you press the lock button twice instead of once - I had the same problem as you and since I have done the above it has resolved the issue.

Thanks for the replies and I have now tried / considered them all ....

Last night as I returned to my car (which was unlocked) I pressed the remote to open the boot, nothing happened so I used the key and that set the alarm Off, I used the remote to reset and then drove away.

At my destination when I tried to lock car with remote I could hear the locks 'click' but the indicators did not flash and the door did not actually lock (I tried several times). I used the key to lock doors and left the car (alarm not going off).

On return to car remote would not open doors and I used key and then drove home.

When home I tried remote to lock doors and it did as it should and indicators flashed and No alarm all night.

I went out to car today and boot opens fine with remote and ALL seems good, (doors, boot and no alarm)

Only thing I can think is key has reset after using manually to lock/open doors ??????

I will continue to monitor .............. (remote has new Battery fitted couple of weeks ago)

thanks for help/suggestions.

I had similar problems with 1998 Ls400, what I did was reset the system by disconnecting the Battery, then reattached the - and + cables.

If you have any issues with Battery connection you will most likely get all sorts of weird problems, including alarm problems.

After the reset I have not had any alarms issues what so ever.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links