Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New 20" Wheels And Suspension On Gs

Managed to get these on after a bit of messing around as the offsets were not exactly what I wanted but the wheels were so I needed to compromise, had to roll the front arches a fair bit (as needed to have 20mm bolt on spacers on the front) and the backs arches only had a little rolling, coil over suspension has made a slight difference to the ride of course but it is still comfortable enough. I will be dropping it slightly further but need to uprate the spring rates from 8's to 10's, I am not going stupid low as thats for the kids to do ha ha

Main issue was the tyre sensors which did not fit into the new rims, I kept on having the warnings on the dash and it got on my nerves so I trawled the web and found out all I needed to do was simply dropped them into the space saver, pump it up and hey presto all the warnings have gone, now I just carry a couple of cans of tyre weld just incase.

I have had the windows tinted the same all round to a legal limit and added wind deflectors to the fronts.

Sorry pic is not that good but you get the idea of the look which I am very happy with.

GS4WEB.jpg

Just waiting for the add on body parts, exhaust and a few bits and pieces and then its ready for a detailing and finally putting it away for the winter ready for 2012.

Has anyone else done anything similar to Gen3 on here?

Looks very nice indeed.

I have had the windows tinted the same all round to a legal limit and added wind deflectors to the fronts.

Annoyingly, if the front side windows are tinted then they are illegal as you can not have any tinting film placed on these windows. :angry:

Looks very nice indeed.

Annoyingly, if the front side windows are tinted then they are illegal as you can not have any tinting film placed on these windows. :angry:

Cheers guys.

Oh, I told the tinter that I did not want the lexus to be illegal and he told me that what I have is 100% legit !!

• 11 months later...

Been quite a while since I have been on here but here are some updates on my 3GS, had indicator wing mirrors fitted plus DRL's and of course the bodykit, last things to do are a panel filter and exhaust which are both on there way.

Only thing I can't decide on is the front grille so have put up the pics and would ask that you give me your opinions, a lot of people are 50/50 on it but to be honest I am not sure I like the new one!

lx2.jpg

lx1.jpg

You can get away with tinted windows on a GS, as it is not the typical car that attracts much attention from the police. There is a silver GS around me that has had limo dark tints for a couple of years now.

Looks good, I'd be too paranoid of curbing those rims!

I dont have a 'pimp' tint as thats not the look I wanted, infact they are probably a shade darker than what a manufacturer/dealer would fit but in the pics they come out quite dark!

Well TigerFish you have made my mind up my friend - a Vauxhall look alike - I think not ha ha

Have slightly kerbed them once already wicked667 but thankfully it's cheap nowadays to get them redone.

Thanks for comments :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links