Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

???

On my 2002 LS430 the trip computer displays flawless information. I use the DISP1 on the steering wheel to cycle through the messages. All information appears in English, as do the warning messages (e.g. MOONROOF OPEN). Are we talking about the same diagnostic display, the little display in the lower margin of the tachometer, or do you refer to another display?

can you take a clear photo of the Japanese text?

if so i'll have a go at translating it for you

Hiragana and katakana I can cope with but if its in kanji then im stuck lol

Its the Nav screen I am talking about when its in diagnostic mode. Its probably not worth photographing, as next to the japanese text is says OK. From this I deduct that its all working.

You can get into this mode by turning on the display (any mode), then hold down audio and climate together. Whilst doing this turn the sidelights on/off twice (not too fast).

Its not a problem or anything, I was just curious :question:

Thanks chaps

Its the Nav screen I am talking about when its in diagnostic mode.

Sorry for being so ignorant. I didn't even know that such a thing existed.

However, after reading your instructions I got curious. I tried for quite a while to provoke this diagnostic screen in the manner that you indicated, but without any success. Are there any other conditions that must be present, e.g. engine running, doors open or the like?

Maybe this screen does not appear on all models? I have a left-hand-drive 2002, imported from Germany. Any ideas, anybody?

Tried again, to no avail. I also found the thread in the US forum, where the matter is described a little differently: start engine, sidelights on, depress climate+audio, sidelights off / on / off / on / off. But that didn't do it either. I think I give up.

But I'm really curious by now. GrandAlf, if you find the time, could you please take a picture of that screen and post it, or maybe PM me?

Thanks

The park brake did the trick! :D

I tried it just now in my garage, and the display popped up, in Japanese as you said. Not all the readings were filled out. There are many blanks. Tomorrow I'll experiment a little and see whether any other information might come up.

As soon as I find the time (first I'm going on summer vacation for a few weeks), I'll translate the settings and post them here.

Thanks, GrandAlf.

@brettster: the diagnostic readout captions are exclusively katakana and romaji, the headline and the button captions are kanji

I played around a little, but couldn't find anything else, just this one screen. So there is not really a lot of information. The display consists of a headline, a 5x3 table, and two buttons. The following translations without any implicit warranty (my Japanese could be better) :whistling:

The headline reads "Factory Inspection"

The table is all in English, partially phonetically transcribed.

Left Column:

- EMV Display: OK

- Gateway ECU: OK

- Radio Tuner : OK

Center Column:

- Audio H/U : OK

Right Column:

- Navi ECU : OK

- DSP Amp : OK

Left Button : [Erase History]

Right Button : [Test Again]

If you press the [Erase History] button long enough, the 'OK' indications will change to 'erased'. The [Test Again] button will bring back the 'OK' indications.