Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200/300

lexus22

I have owned 2 is200 and currently have an is300 during normal driving the 300 feels slower than the 200 but this is just because the 300 is so smooth and quieter as it does not need to work as hard as the 200. however when you boot a 300 it is great fun and sounds lovely.

Try a 300 once you have you would not go back to a 200

Regards

Russell.

I have owned 2 is200 and currently have an is300 during normal driving the 300 feels slower than the 200 but this is just because the 300 is so smooth and quieter as it does not need to work as hard as the 200. however when you boot a 300 it is great fun and sounds lovely.

Try a 300 once you have you would not go back to a 200

Regards

Russell.

Thanks Russell, is the mpg a lot worse than the 200? I assume your 300 is automatic?

• 2 weeks later...

find our 300 similar to our 1.8t vw passat , 20/25mpg town , , , +30 motorway , , , doesn't matter what you drive if you boot it , , they all like a drink :crying:

How many forward gears does the automatic version have? I'm thinking that without the manual 6 speed box the revs at 100mph must be a lot higher?

• 3 months later...

I have a 300 sallon on a 02 plate with 60thou on the clock had gs300 before, same engine but considerable diff in performance. I test drove a 200 sport just after buying is300. And at low speeds not much diff. But wen u want it to its got a lot more get up an go.ALOT:). As for mpg best on full tank 463 miles. Not great round town 20mpg tops. But Gota expect that. Ifu drive sensibly then is pretty good considering it's 3litre. Alot better than the gs I had before. Only one thing with the cost of fuel going on like it is. An u hot a lead foot will start getting pricey. In boots as well done 8000 since had it an all ready had new boots all round. And now need new ones. And it's not worth putting cheap tyres on a this sort of motor. Hope u get Wat your lookin for. Ps. It's nice to have a 300 wen pull up next to a 200. As though they look the same, but you defo will tell the diff wen pull away.;)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links