Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

LexusGS300004.jpg

LexusGS300032.jpg

Can you spot the difference?................OK..give up!!!. Its clean and the aerial works and the new wheels and part worn tyres came off eBay but I'm now looking for comfort tyres as these ones on are far too low a profile for my liking.

LexusGS300030.jpg

This is the stamp on inside of wheel. It also has OZeu. So, are they Lexus wheels made by OZ or OZ wheels made to fit Lexus. 17" but not sure of the 'J' number.I'm made up my mind to fit all new tyres (235/45/R17) so hunting around for a good deal locally ie; Falken always get a good response on the forums,Lassa,Wanli,Nankang all medium priced but quiet running is top priority.

They were on eBay a couple of weeks ago and I made arrangments to pick up at my convenience, ie; we were in that particular area last week so saved courier charges. I left the spare at home,carried a can of tyreweld, and 3 wheels went in the boot and the other was wrapped and strapped on the back seat. Initial local tyre prices, Falken x4 £400 and Mohawk(made by Hangook) x4 £320. I'll get a couple more quotes and then decide.

Falken's are excellent. Had them a few times on my GS's and just reverted back to them this week. Much quieter than the Goodyear Eagle F1's I went for last time. I've got one of my spare sets of Mk1 GS Sport wheels in for refurb this week with Kumho KW27 winter tyres going on, so will hopefulyl be able to give some feedback over the winter once they go on the car.

Wheels are stamped 8J x 17H2. It's looking like Falken's on Friday.

I've run 452's on my 430 and the series1 300 sport and they were great, but needed 2 tyres recently and couldn't get a decent price on them. I went with the newish Avon ZZ5 which seem very much better so far.....quieter, very grippy and £138 a corner for 245/40/18.

I ended up trying a local long established family run business that's now run by the son and he gave lots of choice and advice and I had a full set of Goodyear 225/50/17, nearly new, same tread pattern, fitted for £150. We were going to Durham City 10 miles down the A1M for the Lumiere so a good test for the tyres and they ran well,quiet and comfortable, no vibes or pulling, so very pleased.

Looking good. Are they LS wheels?

No they were an accessory option for the GS.

Looks good, always liked those wheels on the GS.

Yes, I'm more than happy with the look of the new wheels and tyres, far better than the 4xTSW 18" alloys that were on when I bought it so they are now surplus to requirements so will go on eBay shortly.

Thanks. I will keep an eye open for a set. 39bus - if you hear of a set by chance, do let me know, or point me in the direction. Thank you in advance

There was a breaker in Birmingham 07881 780171 had an LS with what looked like the same wheels as mine. Good luck

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links