Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Heater Matrix

jimlauren

Hi all, I am a first time lexus owner as of Monday, I bought a IS 220d and noticed last night that the heaters are blowing cold air (no hot). After searching this forum I think the problem may be that the heater matrix is clogged, not being mechanicaly minded, I was wondering how much this would be to repair at a lexus garge if anyone has done this in the past.

Thanks

Jim

..or a blown head gasket. :-(

Hi all, I am a first time lexus owner as of Monday, I bought a IS 220d and noticed last night that the heaters are blowing cold air (no hot). After searching this forum I think the problem may be that the heater matrix is clogged, not being mechanicaly minded, I was wondering how much this would be to repair at a lexus garge if anyone has done this in the past.

Thanks

Jim

Thanks

Jim

Or take it back? :whistling:

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks

Jim

Or take it back? :whistling:

Hi, I'm having the same problem with mine. Please do a search on my users name to see my previous posts or search on "IS220d heaters not working".

As mentioned, This seems to be a common fault regardless of service history / mileage etc and as you can tell I'm completely hacked off that owners are having problems geting this problem resolved by Lexus. In my case it is an 07 with 53K.

I'm taking mine in next week so will let you know how I get on. If you phone a Lexus branch their fully aware of the problem but so far they've not exactly been helpful. Will gladly retract this statement depending on how I get on next week.

Cheers.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all, just to let you know the excellent "customer service" did kick in. After a few nervous days, I received a call authorising all the corrective work to be carried out.

It took about 3 or 4 days but got the car back and its now night and day. Cant thank the staff at Lexus and in particular Lexus Edinburgh enough. Very professional, courteous and understanding.

Only done about 100 miles since the fix but couldnt be happier.