Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• 7 months later...

apologies for reviving this old thread ... justr need to pick a few brains on here.

I've attempted to fit this kit to my 2012 200d today .... instructions were good, but afterwards didn't notice any change in behaviour (existing controls all work ok, so no harm done)

I can see inthe instructions some tweaks 'might' be needed for Euro cars, and a possible once for >2010 models ... anyone have any thoughts or tips from your fitting?

Have you tried double locking your car to see if the mirrors fold? When I installed mine same thing happens and I have to double lock the car for the mirrors to fold.

there was an update to the instructions after this which folds mirrors with one click lock.

I have arranged to talk toJumboJake during your morning (and our evening) today. 

The wiring loom for the diesel version of the IS range has always been slightly different to the normally aspirated car. Why? – I don't know.

The difference appears to be in the circuitry for the central locking system. I would suggest that last three cables are the ones that we need to focus on in our experiments.
Miochael

update on this one.... I had a call from Michael (Ashpoint) ... very nice chap ... talked me through some of the functions of the wires (and what to check for when probing around) ... I figured out that connector B and Connector C are setup differently on my car than the instructions predicted, maybe due to the later year.

I did manage to find alternative wires on both connector B and C .. (now have perm 12v feed and also pulse for lock and unlock) ..... but sadly still no joy..... everything back together and seems to function as it did before before I started, so safe for commuting next week.

Anyone one have obscure adjustments or variations to the main instructions ... or perhaps other things I can check?

Absolutely no help but I have 1 of these working, it was the first mod I did though and I cant remember which wires were wrong but essentially 50% of the wires were different to any of the diagrams provided, basically it was a job for the multi-meter and had to work out each wire individually but once I got that sorted the kit worked beautifully and has never failed, fantastic mod worth every penny and a feature that should have remained

update on this one....   problem sorted and all back together.

Just two tweaks to the instructions needed (and fed back to Michael) ....main issue for me was poor 12v feed.

Po-40 Red    - Door Puddle Light (blue)

Po-40 Blue   - Connector C (Purple) 

I recommend anyone trying this pay £3 for access to Lexus techncal docs, get the wiring for the 'remote control mirror' ... probably the most useful reference.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, jumbojake said:

update on this one....   problem sorted and all back together.

Just two tweaks to the instructions needed (and fed back to Michael) ....main issue for me was poor 12v feed.

Po-40 Red    - Door Puddle Light (blue)

Po-40 Blue   - Connector C (Purple) 

I recommend anyone trying this pay £3 for access to Lexus techncal docs, get the wiring for the 'remote control mirror' ... probably the most useful reference.

Glad you got it sorted I'm sure you'll agree it's a fantastic mod 

• 1 year later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links