Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Sub & Amp?

hi all. Me again. I would like to get a sub and amp set up, as ive got a new head unit but feel its still needs abit more 'oomf'. So i was curious as to whether any of the higher range IS200s came with a factory sub and amp set up..as id rather a factory one then a gareish aftermarket (been there done that many times, im past the twin 12" n 1200watt stage :duh: ). I cant say ive heard of any is200 with them, but if not the IS...is ther any other Lexus models that came with factory set up that id be able to put in my IS?? any info would be greatful. ta very much,. :D

Aftermarket doesn't have to be garish and I'd imagine if there was a factory option one, it'd be pretty pants for what it would cost. Also worth taking into consideration is that the saloons sealed boot is going to need something with a bit more power to have a decent effect in the cabin.

Have you got a budget in mind?

There's some nice & discreet looking active subs for sale nowadays and there's one for any budget!

Fli Active 10 £112 Have heard a few positive words about these and they're easy enough to stick in and pull out if you need to use the full boot.

Alpine SWE-1000 £130 although I'm not confident that it'll give enough kick if put in a saloon.

Focal 25A1 - £260 is nearing the top of the price bracket for an active sub.

There's plenty of options in between but I'm fairly certain that you'd be better with a "proper" sub type unit rather than the flat/compact ones that the Alpine SWE-1000 is. They're more aimed at hatchbacks or underseat fitment.

as above you need a good power system to hear due to the solid rear bulk head...i run 2 12 inch fly subs in the boot its an active set up but its set up not to be all boomboom just a nice place to listem to music

arr yes..forgot about the solid sealed boot space :whistling: I did have a quick browse of Lexus factory units but to be frank...they did look pretty crap...aesthetically and functionally. ive had twin 12" in my pug 106 gti and that was rediculous..partly because the rear seats split as normal but mainly because its the size of a coke can. Ive got a budget of around £150ish so ill have a look and see wat i can get for that. Ormi...what wattage is your set up? also anyone else for that matter..whats a good wattage to get thorugh the sealed rear section? cheers for the comments. :)

I used to have an e46 3-series and was running a single 10" sub from a 400ish watt (RMS) amp and more recently I had an RX8 that used a 250-300w amp, again with a single 10" sub. Both were in sealed boxes.

In both scenarios, what was used was more than powerful enough. I think the Fli 10" ones are around 300w & the 12" about 400w. I reckon anything in between/around those figures would be adequate for just a little bit of thump.

Edit: if you really wanted to splash out, you could get yourself a stealthbox and take up minimal boot space. Although it does then mean you need to buy a sub & separate amp! Auto Acoustics link

I used one of these in the BMW and it was a bit of a godsend, meaning that I could use pretty much all the, regular, useful space of the boot. Pretty pricey though.