Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Condensation/water Droplets On Rear Window, Where Are The Drain Holes

Hi Guys.

Am suffering from Condensation and water droplets on the inside of the rear window. ITs only this window which seems to suffer from it after rain.

Have checked the carpets and the interior of the boot where the spare wheel is and all is dry.

Seems that Drain holes getting blocked can be a cause of this. Does anyone know where these drain holes are and how to get access to them to unblock them ?

Thanks for any answers.

Not sure if there are any in the boot seal area. Drains are in sunroof area, two in the front corners and two in the rear corners. May need to check rain not getting into aerial base?

Hope this is helpful or someone else gives you a tip. I have had this problem in the past, maybe rain getting into sunroof seal and running along inside. Do you park on a hill?

thanks for the reply john. I dont park on a hill its flat. Can the aerial easily be taken off to check do you know ?

Not sure if there are any in the boot seal area. Drains are in sunroof area, two in the front corners and two in the rear corners. May need to check rain not getting into aerial base?

Hope this is helpful or someone else gives you a tip. I have had this problem in the past, maybe rain getting into sunroof seal and running along inside. Do you park on a hill?

TBH never tried to take one off. Does your roof lining feel wet near the rear window/aerial? Check your sunroof channels I think they run along the inside of the car and exit near the rear wheel arches. My problem was solved by cleaning the rubber seal around the sunroof. I have seen other posts on here about clearing the drains in the sunroof area. Worth checking them out if you haven't. Good Luck

Having the same problems with my IS everything seemed dry until the other night. got back to my car after a shift in work seat full of water it was the sunroof drainage channels blocked. this could be your problem got my local garage to clear them out car now bone dry and misting up seems to have gone to. B)