Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Having lived with rattles and nearly 7 years of ownership, I have decided to opt for the E350 CDI. I have driven it and love it but less toys compared to the Lex.

Any thoughts on the E Class?

• 2 weeks later...

Having lived with rattles and nearly 7 years of ownership, I have decided to opt for the E350 CDI. I have driven it and love it but less toys compared to the Lex.

Any thoughts on the E Class?

Hi, what year E class, the new shape, W212? I went from a lexus GS mk3 to a Mercedes W211 E500 recently, the difference is more than you would think, and it's not just because I have new car blinkers.

A big bonus is that there are no rattles! I love being able to drive in cold weather and not hear the dash rattle and squeak, it's quite lovely.

Less toys you say? Do you need a diesel? I'm quite lucky as I only do around 7k miles a year so bought a petrol. If you opt for a petrol you usually find that they are well specified. I'll run down a few options fitted to mine, which equal and surpass the Lexus.

A beautiful engine. 5.5 V8, 388 BHP, 510Nm torque.

Full leather, heated (front and rear), cooled, air controlled, luxury memory seats. Lingutronic, which works, Comand sat nav, Harmen Kardon 7.1 surround sound, 7 speed gearbox, heated steering wheel, TPC, airmatic suspension with stiffness options, 4 zone climate, Bi-xeon adaptive headlights, MP3, electic tailgate, electric floor ( the floor of the boot slides out),

This car seems to be that bit better than the Lexus. For example as mentioned, no rattles, it's a well made car. The headlights are outstanding. The difference between Lexus lights and the Mercedes lights are quite profound, so much brighter. The car is also excellent to drive, fantastic steering and dampers. I don't regret the change. I have pics in the gallery! To be fair I bought a rare car, a facelift estate with the new 5.5 litre engine but apparently the V6 petrol models are brilliant!

I did love my Lexus and I may go back to Lexus if they produce a GS estate. I'm looking forward to seeing the new GS.