Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Advice On Lexus Gs 300 Oxygen Sensor Denso Part Numbers

Hi all, iam after a bit of advice if anyone can help me.. ive just baught a gs300 late 2000 facelift model and i need an oxygen sensor, but i am just not 100 percent sure the denso part number to order.

ive been on the denso site and it shows,

Capture.JPG

The sensor i need is bank 1, sensor 2 (after cat) but i cant make sense of the discription on there web site,i think i need sensor 234-4630 but if anybody can point me in the right direction. or even knows of a good uk site i can order them from i would be very greatfull, most of the sites i find are for the usa

cheers :)

Had to buy the exact same one last year and instead of the Denso I bought a Bosch. Model number LS602, PN 0 258 986 602 -36y. Was a direct replacement. You have to be careful buying non-Lexus sensors as I got caught buying a universal one. It worked fine but would not clear the error code because Lexus are very sensitive about the reported resistance value from the heater. The Bosch one has the correct resistance of 11-13 ohms o the error code will clear. Universal ones tend to be around 7 ohms which the EMC objects to even though it functions correctly. Have put 30K miles on the Bosch and it is running perfectly on an engine with 145K miles.

You can get them from here

http://www.lambdapower.co.uk/partsearch/crossref_bosch.asp?idlist=0258986602&submit=Bosch+GO%21

If you are going to buy the Denso it looks like you need 234-4603 - the rear version.

hi there larkone, thanks for the info.. and link, ive spent half the night and day (or so it seems) searching for the right one and i think ive nailed it down to the denso 234-4626 the sensor is on bank 1 so i presume its cylinder 1,2,3 and its after cat so i think thats what they mean by "rear", also the eBay link seems to tally up as they desribe it as "lower".

This is the one i ordered

http://cgi.ebay.co.u...:EOIBSA:GB:1123

Also i found a thread on the usa club lexus site that had the same part numbers on

http://www.clublexus...020-post10.html

hopefully ive got it right, if not ill order the bosch one from ther uk, i would of just got it from there anyway but i got excited with the buy it now button.. lol

yea.. hoping it will go under the radar.. but if it dont i wont worry too much, i would have ordered the uk one but i had done it before i re-checked the thread :/

Although the local parts dealer (sutton auto factors) wanted £107 + vat..

as long as it fits!!! :)

One thing I found out today is that from this year the car will fail an MOT if the engine management light is on. If Larkone is correct and the Bosch one doesn't clear the error code, your screwed.

One thing I found out today is that from this year the car will fail an MOT if the engine management light is on. If Larkone is correct and the Bosch one doesn't clear the error code, your screwed.

hi marok, iam pretty sure the one ive ordered is a original denso replacement, if not ill order the bosch one as larkone confirmed they do clear the codes :)

coming from a bmw to a lexus has been a bit of an eye opener for part availabilty, i didnt realise the gs300 was such a comparitvely rare car in the uk, but as ive been driving about you just dont see them.

You're right, he said it was the universal one that didn't clear the code. Must learn to read properly :phone:

Like you, I came from a BMW to the 300. I have the pain of having a new exhaust fitted tomorrow. Longlife custom made - £490 :wacko:

well the sensor arrived ok, i got stung by the royal mail for a £8 handling fee??? lol and £3 tax. dont see how the royal mail have the cheek to charge me when i had to go and collect the part from the sorting office lol... but heyho sensor was fitted was fitted today and cleared the p0141 fault, i was then left with bank 1 and 2 rich.. so i got a new air filter and cleaned the maf sensor as it was filthy and bingo.. all lights out and the car is running smooth :)

the senosr cost £80 after the postage and charges so i was £50 quid up on what the local autofactors wanted....

happy days.. thanks to all who helped

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links