Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Amg Alloys Onto Is200 ?

marky boy

looking to get amg replica alloys onto my is200 everyones got different views on this one,but the adaptors are going to be a min of 18 _20mm so going for wobble nuts, can buy them from skidz (falkirk) but how much do u guys reckon I could lower it after putting these on? there was anothr thing I got reccomended in order to fit these cant mind what tho? any help greatful or tips thanks

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/viewitem?itemId=270850684896&index=24&nav=SEARCH&nid=40471465646

There was a picture posted up of an IS200 with very similar Merc wheels before, and it was a bit of a marmite respone. lol Some hated it, some loved it, but it's your car at the end of the day :)

As far as fitment, the rears will be fine. The fronts will fit, but will be tight. Not sure on lowering though.

Yeh sure its a boy from ireland with it its blue and seen alot of pics think hes got airbags aswell seems to sit v low !! and ive looked n looked but since seeing the amg ones cant seem to like anything else sonething different tho eh? cheers guys

marky b

• 2 months later...

Yeh sure its a boy from ireland with it its blue and seen alot of pics think hes got airbags aswell seems to sit v low !! and ive looked n looked but since seeing the amg ones cant seem to like anything else sonething different tho eh? cheers guys

marky b

He is from Northern Ireland! Ireland is a different country

looking to get amg replica alloys onto my is200 everyones got different views on this one,but the adaptors are going to be a min of 18 _20mm so going for wobble nuts, can buy them from skidz (falkirk) but how much do u guys reckon I could lower it after putting these on? there was anothr thing I got reccomended in order to fit these cant mind what tho? any help greatful or tips thanks

http://item.mobilewe...nid=40471465646

silly question but why in the world would you want to put a Mercedes alloys on a Lexus??. Other drivers will think mmmh couldnt afford a Mercedes so got a Lexus and thought the alloys will bring him closer to a Mercedes!! Its like removing the Lexus badges on your car and replacing them with Merc badges :msn-oh: ...

simple if you want to look good on the road just get IS-F alloys or go aftermarket if you dont want Merc drivers laughing at you mate or just get you a C class Merc at least you will have the car and badge to match the alloys!!

to the above wheel swaps have been big on the euro scene for years merc wheels on golfs,bmw's bently wheels on all sorts of cars as have lexus wheels been put on golfs etc....

if done right the visual impact can be amazing....if you like the look mate go for it...as said if you pic the right wheels the car could look amazing

if i really liked the wheels of another car manufacturer at least i will buy thier cars to match aswell but i think it looks weird!! but hey thats my two cents... at the end of the day its a free world! go for it mate!!

I agree with Ormi. I've seen quite a few IS2/300's with AMG rims and I must say try look good. And of course wheel swaps have been done quite successfully on other makes of cars on the Euro scene.

But of course it's not just a case of liking Merc wheels so stick em on, the complete look has to be right.

Good luck with what you decide mate.

on my way back from work saw an IS200 Sport in melina Blue with cream interior and latest 17" Honda Type R alloys looked quite nice.. wasnt lowered or anything !! I personally think its still weired combination tho!! he was kinda gazing at my 18" Lexus Aero alloys..guess he was fancing them instead :shifty:

It is a trend that blew over from the DUB scene.... Nothing wrong with it in my book wheels are wheels doesn't matter what the logo says... If it fits and looks good go for it ;)

i was toying with merc rims on mine as coming from the dub scene lots of cars had them , the car in the link is the same colour as mine , go for it mate , its all about doing what makes you happy no-one else

j

marky b

He is from Northern Ireland! Ireland is a different country

Yeah,like England,Scotland and Wales are!!!!!....

• 3 weeks later...