Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

for those of you that have an lpg conversion

where did you decide to position the filler?

I will take a picture of mine tomorrow and post it for, thats of course after it has been cleaned and polished.

Mike

Mine is where the towbar would normally be, but next time I'll have it put on the side of the car, behind the rear wheel.

Some pumps have really short hoses, making it difficult to reach the filler. Also, the nozzles with the big lever on (as opposed to a pistol grip) usually have stupid big pieces of plastic around them, to stop your hands smelling of cabbage when you disconnect. They often get in the way, hitting the bumper.

Mine is just behind the petrol filler flap, not the pretiest, but very practical. Colour coding them helps with the looks

I would say that is the prettiest since its well hidden away and no holes in the panel either.

Mine is just behind the petrol filler flap, not the pretiest, but very practical. Colour coding them helps with the looks

But LPG is heavier than air, and thus the vent should always sit lower than the tank. Unless you want a boot full of gas...

Mine is in the rear wing, midway between bumper and top of wing, sort of in line with the read indicator. Black plastic which looks obvious against the silver bodywork. Couldn't get one in silver leather. And to top it all, some numpty stole the black plastic cover so now you can see into the filling device, looking at the brass fitting and black plastic surround, not unlike something you find camping. Nic.

Mine is in the rear wing, midway between bumper and top of wing, sort of in line with the read indicator. Black plastic which looks obvious against the silver bodywork. Couldn't get one in silver leather. And to top it all, some numpty stole the black plastic cover so now you can see into the filling device, looking at the brass fitting and black plastic surround, not unlike something you find camping. Nic.

You can get lockable filling caps for a couple of quid on eBay.

Once the silly bit of plastic has broken as they always do you often end up forgetting to put the top back on after filling so buy a lockable one and leave the key in it when your filling up, hey presto no more lost or stolen caps.

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

I will be useing them for a conversion in the next couple of weeks. I will be visiting them this week for a look.

I have booked in there myself for the end of April so im lokking forward to what you think

Steve.

I will be useing them for a conversion in the next couple of weeks. I will be visiting them this week for a look.

I have booked in there myself for the end of April so im lokking forward to what you think

Steve.

Good luck Mike

Steve.

Should all be done a week today can't wait for cheaper motoring.

Have you visited them or just delt over the phone?

I will let you know how I get on if you send me your email address I will send you some pics of the install

Steve.

I will let you know how I get on if you send me your email address I will send you some pics of the install

Post the pics for all to see.

Mike

Steve.

All done over the phone, I did phone Profess but they said I would have to drop the car off about 8am and it would be done by late afternoon, great I thought but then they said to have it DVLA reg I would have to take it to another installer to have it tested which would cost another £62 and that would be the next day, as I live about 200 miles from Profess I would be looking for somewere to stay overnight starting to get expensive I thought so I got in touch with Leeds and booked myself in.

Do you mean Profess don't do their own DVLA registration!! That's a tad worrying.

Do Leeds do the whole package including registration?

Or as usual am I missing the point here?