Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi Steve, I assumed that the divert was to the mobile number on the website, so didn't try it.

I rang twice later in the day with the same result, but doubt I'll get the opportunity again on this visit.

Was it the Stag system you had fitted by the way?

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just been down for the 1000 mile check. They have made a few adjustments but all is good. They do it while you wait .

I havent bought unleaded in nearly a month now :phone:

Just been down for the 1000 mile check. They have made a few adjustments but all is good. They do it while you wait .

I havent bought unleaded in nearly a month now :phone:

good stuff, what adjustments did they make? when do you have to take the car back again?

They just had to balance the injectors to make them even, nothing major.

The car will go back at 10k miles they recommend a filter change and check over every 10k.

• 2 weeks later...

I took my LS400 to Leeds on friday and had it converted the car runs like a dream very pleased with it, they put the filler behind the fuel flap and a 70ltr tank in the spare wheel well, if I have one thing to moan about was there time keeping they told me to arrive at 8am but the first sign of life arrived at 8.45 they said it would be ready by 6pm so off to Leeds shopping for the day with my wife, we got back to the garage about 6.10pm with no sign of the car it was out on test by this time it was cold and raining not the best weather to hang about a garage with a wife who does not have a lot of patience especially when she had been up since 5.30, but apart from that I would recomend them as I said the car runs lovely so on the hole very pleased

Steve.

I took my LS400 to Leeds on friday and had it converted the car runs like a dream very pleased with it, they put the filler behind the fuel flap and a 70ltr tank in the spare wheel well, if I have one thing to moan about was there time keeping they told me to arrive at 8am but the first sign of life arrived at 8.45 they said it would be ready by 6pm so off to Leeds shopping for the day with my wife, we got back to the garage about 6.10pm with no sign of the car it was out on test by this time it was cold and raining not the best weather to hang about a garage with a wife who does not have a lot of patience especially when she had been up since 5.30, but apart from that I would recomend them as I said the car runs lovely so on the hole very pleased Steve.

Very good, mines going in on wednesday, really looking forward to getting it on lpg.

so hows the fit and finish? notice anything they could have made neater and improved on, or is it all good?

I took my LS400 to Leeds on friday and had it converted the car runs like a dream very pleased with it, they put the filler behind the fuel flap and a 70ltr tank in the spare wheel well, if I have one thing to moan about was there time keeping they told me to arrive at 8am but the first sign of life arrived at 8.45 they said it would be ready by 6pm so off to Leeds shopping for the day with my wife, we got back to the garage about 6.10pm with no sign of the car it was out on test by this time it was cold and raining not the best weather to hang about a garage with a wife who does not have a lot of patience especially when she had been up since 5.30, but apart from that I would recomend them as I said the car runs lovely so on the hole very pleased Steve.
Very good, mines going in on wednesday, really looking forward to getting it on lpg. so hows the fit and finish? notice anything they could have made neater and improved on, or is it all good?

No evrything looks realy good very pleased with the job having the filler behind the fuel flap is a lot neater.

:flowers:

Just had my LS400 converted to lpg by profess LPG in South wales. Very pleased so far,drove home 180 miles with no problems. The car drives as smooth as ever,may be my imagination but drives smoother than before. Dont know what my mpg is at the mo, but at 75p a litre it's got to be better than petrol.

I keep reading this post and am so bloody tempted to get mine done but dont do enough miles to warrent the outlay - ill keep my eyes open for a mint LS400 already converted

read on here that its important to have the installer issue a certificate as your insurer may require one. is this a standardised certificate? what is it called?

when you informed your insurer, did were your premiums upped?

my local lpg centre is OZON LPG, PLYMOUTH. anyone had any dealing with them? i think ill nip in for a chat.

did have a look at lpg a few years back, there are many more competing systems now, which must be a good thing, did you find it complicated to which to go for?

Cheers for that info.

I thought they had to fit it somewhere there was a strong metal bracing or have they fitted a metal bracket or something?

read on here that its important to have the installer issue a certificate as your insurer may require one. is this a standardised certificate? what is it called?

my local lpg centre is OZON LPG, PLYMOUTH. anyone had any dealing with them? i think ill nip in for a chat.

did have a look at lpg a few years back, there are many more competing systems now, which must be a good thing, did you find it complicated to which to go for?

When you choose your LPG installer it is important that you find people that have used them and dont rely upon what your installer is telling you as he wont tell that he is crap if he is.

Google their name and just see what is already out there in the digital world.

Make sure your present insurance company will carry on insuring you or if you have to change insurers, this might have an impact on what date you choose to have the LPG installed.

Your insurance company will want to see a Certificate from your installer who should be UKLPG member.

Its mostly common sense.

Regards Mike

When you choose your LPG installer it is important that you find people that have used them and dont rely upon what your installer is telling you as he wont tell that he is crap if he is.

Make sure your present insurance company will carry on insuring you or if you have to change insurers, this might have an impact on what date you choose to have the LPG installed.

Your insurance company will want to see a Certificate from your installer who should be UKLPG member.

Its mostly common sense.

Regards Mike

Therein lies the problem though Mike.

I have been considering conversion for a while, but every time I think I see a good review, looking on the internet throws up bad reviews.

As an example, Leeds lpg got good reviews recently, and as I was staying nearby at the time, I tried ringing but got no answer.

I then looked for internet mentions, and lets just say they weren't great.

In fairness they seemed to be from about a year ago, so hopefully things have changed.

Profess are near me, and I know you are happy with them, but looking on the lpgforum also casts doubts on them.

I know some say that you should go for more expensive conversions, but I just don't cover the miles these days to justify spending more than around the thousand mark.

I'll no doubt bite the bullet soon, but my fingers will be very much crossed that I don't get a bad conversion.

Its mostly common sense.

Regards Mike

Therein lies the problem though Mike.

I have been considering conversion for a while, but every time I think I see a good review, looking on the internet throws up bad reviews.

As an example, Leeds lpg got good reviews recently, and as I was staying nearby at the time, I tried ringing but got no answer.

I then looked for internet mentions, and lets just say they weren't great.

In fairness they seemed to be from about a year ago, so hopefully things have changed.

Profess are near me, and I know you are happy with them, but looking on the lpgforum also casts doubts on them.

I know some say that you should go for more expensive conversions, but I just don't cover the miles these days to justify spending more than around the thousand mark.

I'll no doubt bite the bullet soon, but my fingers will be very much crossed that I don't get a bad conversion.

I think you need to read those particular postings you mention in detail as it would appear someone is casting doubt on PROFESS AUTOGAS Unit 2 West Road Penallta Industrial Estate Ystrad Mynach, CF82 7SW, South Wales who have a hidden agenda.

Its all to easy to write disparaging remarks with little redress other than being able to reply on that forum. Should they do that would any of us believe them? Probably not as we live in a society that only wants to believe the worst of people & companies etc.

I have used them 3 times now for my self and I have 2 friends who have also had their cars converted by them and not one has given a single second of trouble.

I am sure they have had their problems because that's life but if they have then they have dealt with them.

The single thing that impressed me with them was that when I arrived the morning of my 1st LPG conversion with them they checked that there were no problems with the engine because if there was they wouldn't have gone ahead with the conversion, and I think that speaks volumes for their integrity.

Dont just read the headlines.

Mike

I'll probably end up using Profess Mike, but my point was more that trawling the net can end up confusing the situation rather than helping to clarify.

I only gave those two examples to illustrate the point, rather than to slag either company off.

Personal recommendation is definitely the way to go if possible.

Don't suppose anybody has used Mintlpg in Newport?

I'll probably end up using Profess Mike, but my point was more that trawling the net can end up confusing the situation rather than helping to clarify. I only gave those two examples to illustrate the point, rather than to slag either company off. Personal recommendation is definitely the way to go if possible. Don't suppose anybody has used Mintlpg in Newport?

No problem Mikey. Good luck with what ever avenue you choose.

Keep us up to speed on how things go.

Mike

read on here that its important to have the installer issue a certificate as your insurer may require one. is this a standardised certificate? what is it called? when you informed your insurer, did were your premiums upped? my local lpg centre is OZON LPG, PLYMOUTH. anyone had any dealing with them? i think ill nip in for a chat. did have a look at lpg a few years back, there are many more competing systems now, which must be a good thing, did you find it complicated to which to go for?
When you choose your LPG installer it is important that you find people that have used them and dont rely upon what your installer is telling you as he wont tell that he is crap if he is. Google their name and just see what is already out there in the digital world. Make sure your present insurance company will carry on insuring you or if you have to change insurers, this might have an impact on what date you choose to have the LPG installed. Your insurance company will want to see a Certificate from your installer who should be UKLPG member. Its mostly common sense. Regards Mike
Therein lies the problem though Mike. I have been considering conversion for a while, but every time I think I see a good review, looking on the internet throws up bad reviews. As an example, Leeds lpg got good reviews recently, and as I was staying nearby at the time, I tried ringing but got no answer. I then looked for internet mentions, and lets just say they weren't great. In fairness they seemed to be from about a year ago, so hopefully things have changed. Profess are near me, and I know you are happy with them, but looking on the lpgforum also casts doubts on them. I know some say that you should go for more expensive conversions, but I just don't cover the miles these days to justify spending more than around the thousand mark. I'll no doubt bite the bullet soon, but my fingers will be very much crossed that I don't get a bad conversion.
I think you need to read those particular postings you mention in detail as it would appear someone is casting doubt on PROFESS AUTOGAS Unit 2 West Road Penallta Industrial Estate Ystrad Mynach, CF82 7SW, South Wales who have a hidden agenda. Its all to easy to write disparaging remarks with little redress other than being able to reply on that forum. Should they do that would any of us believe them? Probably not as we live in a society that only wants to believe the worst of people & companies etc. I have used them 3 times now for my self and I have 2 friends who have also had their cars converted by them and not one has given a single second of trouble. I am sure they have had their problems because that's life but if they have then they have dealt with them. The single thing that impressed me with them was that when I arrived the morning of my 1st LPG conversion with them they checked that there were no problems with the engine because if there was they wouldn't have gone ahead with the conversion, and I think that speaks volumes for their integrity. Dont just read the headlines. Mike

Have to say Leeds asked about the engine .... when were the plugs last changed, do I have any problems with the engine they then asked was there any marks on the bodywork before they touched it as I have said they did a great job on my car but as people have said it dosent matter where you go someone somewere has had a moan about them, I would not think twice about recommending as Im sure Profass do a good job too.

Had my LS400 converted yesterday by Leedslpg, all went well, very neat installation and ive already done about 250 miles. Cant believe how smooth it is, performance doesnt seem to have dropped either which is good...

Id reccomend them, well I already have!

• 2 weeks later...

I have now done 5000 miles since my conversion at Leeds LPG and its still spot on.

I had the filler behind the fuel filler and have had no issues filling up. Some of the new pumps say useing an adaptor is not recommended but you are still allowed to use one.

Ive done nearly a 1000 miles and it goes in for its service on monday, so far its been superb and its getting decent ecconomy without trying, performance is identical to being on Petrol. I had the filler behind the flap too, no issues with using an adapter.

Only niggle I have is the gauge, 4 green LEDS... the first one goes out pretty much when it should milage wise, the middle two go out in a very short space of time, then the last one lasts a verrrrry long time, I wonder if they can adjust it?

did you notice even better economy after the first service? if they altered the map/injectors?

filled up today at 69.9 :D

538182_10150807410161537_532216536_9791788_117418720_n.jpg

Had a marginal improvement after they balanced the injectors.

My first light stays on ages then they go out quick. I have never has a acurate LPG gauge yet I just tend to fill up on mileage and ignore the display.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links