Sign in to follow this  
pkaadil

Lexus Is220D Exhaust

i was looking to upgrade the exhaust on my is220. anyone know where to go? and also will the is250 exhaust fit onto the diesel? thanks

I believe the IS250 exhaust is a straight swop for the IS220D system from the flange in front of the rear 'Y' piece. However, you'll need to swop the rear bumper for an IS250 one. The IS250 exhaust is far from cheap though. Coincidently I have a 250 system available that's only seen about 6000 miles , if the price of a new one is too much for you.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By jamesm182
      The time has come to sell my lovely IS250 SE-L that I have owned for almost four years. Only selling due to purchasing an NX.
      The IS250 SE-L Multimedia Auto is widely regarded as the best spec for the 2nd gen IS, and I'm sure most regulars to the forum will know the spec, but just in case:
      - Full leather, electric, memory, heated, cooled seats
      - Electric/memory steering wheel adjustment
      - Sat nav, Bluetooth, Mark Levinson 14 speaker surround sound & DVD player
      - Front and rear sensors plus reverse camera 
      - Electric rear blind
      - Xenon lights, LED rear lights
      - Powerfold electric and memory wing mirrors
      - Auto dimming rear view mirror and wing mirrors
      - Cruise control
      - Dual zone climate control
      - Smart/keyless entry and start
      - Auto lights and wipers
      There's probably more that I've forgotten to be honest - it has pretty much everything!
      The car has covered just over 66,000 miles and has a full service history - all but 1 being from the Lexus main dealer. It was last serviced at Lexus Poole in March, which was the major service including the spark plugs that need changing at 60k. The MOT is valid until 29th September 2018, also last completed at Lexus Poole so has had a recent Lexus health check and all clear. In fact it has been in again recently to have the airbag recall done so that's all sorted now too. I am the 4th keeper of the car and have owned it almost 4 years. The first keeper was Lexus Poole as it was originally their demo car. I have the fully stamped service book, all manuals/books and a stack of invoices to go with car, along with it's two remote keys.
      The car has also had a recent new alternator and water pump (fitted at Lexus Poole), recent new tyres all round, and recent front discs and pads. During my first year of ownership (when it was under Lexus warranty) it also had a new rear caliper, two new rear shocks, and 2 new Xenon bulbs, so it's had most of the common issues sorted.
      It drives beautifully and I have kept the car in very good condition. If you would like any more information on the car, more photos or would like to come and view it, please send me a PM and I will give you my mobile number. The car is located in Poole, Dorset and I'm looking for £5,995 ONO.

• By ultimatequinoxe
      Hi all!
       Having had my latest GS300 for a couple of months now, the MOT is due and I know the current exhaust is an issue (see pics).
      I have been desperately hunting for a stainless steel system in preference to an OEM seeing that the two used ones on eBay are a mighty £350! And MIJ have quoted me £445 for new S/S with life time warranty (as an FYI).
      So the questions are:
      1. If I plug that hole in the back box, and make sure that and the awful paste all over the joint isn't leaking either (thats how I bought the car, not my handy work I'll add) might I stand a chance I wonder, as technically the fail is excessive corrosion. But I fear all that putty is an obvious giveaway of excessive corrosion even if its not leaking.
      2. Another MOT requirement seems to be the correct number of baffles/mufflers, so should one slap a S/S cat back on would it be an issue. Or should I maybe say has anyone taken there car (any car) in for an MOT with a S/S cat back and had any issues other than possible noise or emissions?

Many thanks! I am getting a little frustrated that in the last two months I've not found a single second hand S/S system and I'm not really wanting to throw to much on the car just yet until I've had it a while longer.

• By joelfigueira
      Hi all,
      winter is fast approaching what do people do to there cars to stop the windows misting up as soon as you get in the car?
    • By Matt96
      I have owned my is250 2011 for 1 year now. Full main dealer history. 58000 miles. Main service has been done. Over the last few months when braking and steering at a low speed there are a couple of clunks that sound like they are coming from the front drivers side wheel. I look it to lexus Hatfield and under warranty they replaced the shock absorber and top mount. The car seemed to be ok for a while but not long ago the clunk noise has appeared again. It also only happens when the engine has warmed up. Some people have suggested the pads are moving but the pads and discs are reasonably new so shouldn't be moving yet. Any ideas 
    • By joelfigueira
      Hi all,
      As it’s been forecast for strong winds like an idiot I opened my bonnet to top up with washer fluid! A gust of wind managed to remove the front plastic engine covers along with clips.
      i know the clips are poor however are any people using alternative clips to hold down there engine covers? I know most people have some missing or all of them so wondering what are people are using.
      Have looked on eBay and ones I have seen look like the poor ones I have already.

cheers in advance

Joel