Lexus Owners Club Messages

The 24hr test drive is back!

For a limited time only, the Lexus 24 hour test drive is back. Don't miss out - book yours now

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pkaadil

Lexus Is220D Exhaust

2 posts in this topic

i was looking to upgrade the exhaust on my is220. anyone know where to go? and also will the is250 exhaust fit onto the diesel? thanks

I believe the IS250 exhaust is a straight swop for the IS220D system from the flange in front of the rear 'Y' piece. However, you'll need to swop the rear bumper for an IS250 one. The IS250 exhaust is far from cheap though. Coincidently I have a 250 system available that's only seen about 6000 miles , if the price of a new one is too much for you.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• By kris250
      Hi all
      I've been scouring the web for atleast 2 months now and have still not managed to grasp the general market value of these cars. They seem to be so inconsistent that I am often telling myself that I could get a better deal for my money. I'm only 20 therefore I don't have a massive fortune to spend. I've found several however came across one that caught my eye and wanted to know general thoughts -
      2007 IS 250 SE-L, All options including a Sun roof.
      The price was listed for 7000 but i negotiated it down to 5500..is this a good deal? 

Please let me know your thoughts and experiences!
    • By kris250
      Hi all,

Just want to know - what are the differences between the 2006 IS250 SE-L and 2007 IS250 SE-L? Are there any differences at all? Am I right in assuming some changes such as auto dipping wing mirror on reverse etc was added on the 07+ models?

• By swfcdan
      Hi all,
      I used to post on here many moons ago when i owned my beloved IS200. Had a change of car back in 2008 and since then I've always been longing to get back into the Lexus fold and now i'm finally ready. Wish i had never got rid of the IS200, but hindsight is a wonderful thing.  
      Due to a house move, a baby and generally growing up I'm on a limited budget, but i'm on the lookout for an earlier IS250 SE-L Auto, ideally with MM, but not a deal breaker. I have up to £7k max, but there are a few that are well under that on Auto Trader at the moment. 
      I do about 10-12k miles per annum and had considered a IS220, but from what i can gather they seem more trouble than they are worth, so happy to stick to petrol.
      Are there any particular problem areas i should look out for when viewing the petrol variants? I'm assuming that, like the IS200, a well looked after higher mileage (80k plus) shouldn't be discounted? The ones i have seen are circa 2006/7 with 60-70k on the clock but towards the higher end of my budget. 

Anyway, i thought i'd re-introduce myself after a few years away from the forum and welcome any comments. 

Cheers

• By kris250
      Hi all,
      Still deciding between the IS250 and a 325I however I have a potential IS250 that I may be interested in. It has all the features I want - fully loaded SE model - however it has done 123K miles.. full service history though - is it worth buying? Or is this too high mileage? What price should I be looking at for it? Its a 2006 auto

Thanks
    • By Kodiak Sky
      So, today I got the news that I've driven my IS250 F-Sport for the last time as it's now been declared a write-off by the insurance company. 
      A week ago I was hit pretty hard by an oncoming Ford Transit that was in my side of the road for some reason, so it was no fault of my own and unavoidable. In fact, I give myself some credit for avoiding a proper head-on collision since I swerved just enough for most of the impact to happen on the B pillar & rear door area.

Thankfully no-one was injured. In fact I was completely unhurt much to the surprise of everyone who witnessed the collision, so full credit to Toyota on building such a safe and strong car!
      As soon as I stepped out and saw the extent of the damage I suspected it would indeed be written-off, so I was prepared for this news. Still sucks though as the car had only covered 27K and was in really good condition.
      Now I just have to wait on the insurance payout so I can start to look for a replacement. I think finding one of the same spec and standard (low miles, FLSH, ML/Nav) without me being seriously out of pocket is going to be difficult though, if not impossible...