AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pkaadil

Lexus Is220D Exhaust

2 posts in this topic

i was looking to upgrade the exhaust on my is220. anyone know where to go? and also will the is250 exhaust fit onto the diesel? thanks

I believe the IS250 exhaust is a straight swop for the IS220D system from the flange in front of the rear 'Y' piece. However, you'll need to swop the rear bumper for an IS250 one. The IS250 exhaust is far from cheap though. Coincidently I have a 250 system available that's only seen about 6000 miles , if the price of a new one is too much for you.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• Failed MOT exhaust
      By Rory
      Hey guys, lexus failed on the mot sure to the back box, corroded and started to crack, they want £450+vat for OEM

Does anyone have a recommendation for OEM spec that doesn't cost the earth, the car is 14 years old now and although it's still tidy it's probably only worth £3k so don't think I need to go direct for parts anymore

I have only another week before the current MOT expires so any quick help is greatly appreciated 

Thanks in advance
      Rory
    • Lexus is250/220d centre console led
      By Simon Verigotta
      Hey guys, 
      seen on the forum a while ago that on the lexus is 06 onwards you can change the centre console display unit lights from there factory green option to white & blue - to match the speedo cluster. Does anyone have any ideas how much this is or how easy it can be done? From what i understand it involves some soldering etc.

any info is much appreciated.
      cheers,
      Simon.
    • Approved Used Lexus - Exhaust
      By Harpreet
      Hello
      I am new to the forum. I bought an approved used is250 with extended warranty on 20 Nov 2015. I have only driven the car for 400 miles and today noticed that exhaust is blowing. I am not sure if it is the middle or rear section. The car was MOT'ed on 20 Nov by Lexus Bolton at the time of delivery. There are no advisories on certificate.
      I would not expect this issue to happen in such a short period of time. During this period the car was not driven for three weeks (22 nov to 14 dec) due to holidays. Seems like Lexus did not check the exhaust system properly during their inspection and MOT. The car had full service done before delivery and has full service history by Bolton.
      I am just wondering what are my options here? Surely the new exhaust is about 2000 GBP fitted. 
      Any help/suggestions will be helpful

Thanks

• Glad I Found You
      By Brechin Slate
      Hi all
      I'm a new Lexus owner and have already found the forum a useful place, so much good info and advice. Driven nearly everything (ex delivery driver), owned a few classics and always more than willing to learn, if you're heading to Barton On Sea cliff top, my kettle is always on. Good to be here.

• Where To Buy Is 250 Windshield Drip Mouldings
      By Linas.P
      Hello All,
      This is my first post in Lexus forum so sorry if I have missed similar thread.
      My main question is - where to buy IS (2nd gen.) "Windshield Mouldings". There is thread in US forum how to replace them, but first I need to find where to buy them and it seems there are nothing available in UK. (e.g. http://www.amazon.co.uk/LEXUS-DRIVER-PASSENGER-WINDSHIELD-MOULDING/dp/B00RDLRU5C)
      Part numbers are (at least US ones, probably EU/UK ones are the same):
      Right - 75551-53020,
      Left - 75552-53020,
      Clips - 75545-53011.
      There are few in ebay and amazon from US and the shipping costs more than the moldings themselves.
      Breakers are not a good option either as I assume used moldings not going to be much better than the ones I have. Additionally, it seems they are kind of disposable. For this reason I would prefer to go for a new ones. I guess Lexus meant to design them so blue clips breaks when removing and the moldings can be re-installed, but in reality every second clip of molding breaks as well.
      If there is anyone in UK who have replaced them please let me know where did you get them from, maybe somebody knows the price from the dealers?
      I guess my final option is to glue the broken molding pins to the clips and instal the clips as normal.
      If anyone have any suggestions or have experience with this thing please let me know, thank you in advance,
      Linas