Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What Make Of Tyres Did The Lex Originally Come With?

They came with Bridgestone Potenza RE040 215/45/ZR17 I think.

ZR being the important part, Lexus contracted the Japanese branch of Bridgestone to make a special version of the tyre with a higher load rating (ZR) to take the weight of the Lexus under heavy cornering.

And as far as I know they stopped making them years ago, you can still get the normal R17 version, but not the ZR17 anymore.

I know this because I was confused about why my spare tyre was a ZR17 and the rest were R17, and after a bit of digging on google I found the above info.

Hi they came with Bridgestones/Dunlops.I think the Bridgestones are pretty good although there are better tyres and for that matter worst tyres. Its a matter of choice and how much you want to spend.

If you search back you will find all of this, I thought they came over with a Dunlop sp2000 that was japanese spec, the equivalent tyre here being slightly different.......

• 4 weeks later...

In Jan 2000 mine came with Bridgestones. RE040 215/45/ZR17

They told me at the time they'd only last 6,000 miles - get about 22,000 usually.

Yup upto 2000 they came fitted with dunlops, but there was some issues with the tyres suitability with the car so they were changed as a brand to the Bridgestones

my 2000 model had dunlops, my 2001 and 2004 cars had bridgestone

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links