Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• 2 weeks later...

By the way - if you go to www.carpricer.co.uk - click on glasses guide - and enter this cars details you will get an aution price ( trade buying in ) for excellect condition of £5808. Don't be put off by the low price I need to sell quickly, summer is going fast and I have a new caravan to try out. I am based in Manchester.

Tryin to shift a LS400 with over 100K isn't easy - I've given up with mine (was tryin to sell my Mk1 to buy a Mk3 / Mk4)

I know they are good cars and engines can do well over 100K - but trying to explain this to potential buyers isn't easy.

If you need to get shut quickly, why not try an auction (Stoodleys / BCA in belle Vue) if trade is £5800 - you may be lucky - However I suspect the book values on these cars are way overvalued and trade know this :winky:

You could always try an auction on eBay

Jason - may try that as a last resort. This is my 4th LS400, the other 3 all had over 120k and they sold ok. The last being a P reg with 139k that sold for £7800. Sold it to try a Merc. what a mistake! What is flustrating is that this is a suberb car, its even got all its displays working! I just need one person to come and see it. Manchester Lexus service dept were running one with 285k and it was sweet. Its all down to having a complete Lexus service history and a fault free car. I don't think its the price - its just a limited market for what is an largely undiscovered car. The man who bought my last car rang be up in the evening - guess what I was expecting -but no he just went on and on saying how fantastic the car was. I have now tried all alternative makes - Audi, Merc, Jag, BMW - but keep coming back to the LS. I tried an early GS300 a few years ago but was very disappointed, just felt like a very good Toyota, and seemed to have worse fuel consumption, you can see where the extra £20k original price goes. Thanks for the advice.

Have you tried Autotrader ? Put it in for £5250 - you should have no problem.

I put my MK1 in for £5795 and got loads of calls (cause it is "mint" with LPG 200 miles for £20 !!)

The most I was offered when people came to view was 5K - if I can get 5K for my Mk1 (even though it as LPG) you should easy get your price

Good Luck !

Thanks Jason - I have just bought a mark 4 - from a Lexus Dealer ( and at Lexus prices - ouch) ! so my Mk3 has to go - I have been offered £5k from a dealer ( and even he had to admit it was worth about £6k ) but I would like £5250 as its so good, and I'd rather sell it to a none dealer if poss. Still it might be going for £5k in a few days. It is in Autotrader at £5595 'cause everyone wants to pay less than the asking price.