Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hello fellow Lexi!

just came back from Lexus Chester, they found that the brake calliper is sticking and the disk might need some work as well, plus the brake pads need replacing. :o

All as I expected, unfortunately they also found the exhaust might be blown!!! :duh: :yack:

I'm thinking now, if I gotta replace it anyway I might as well go for one which makes a little more noise, anyone got any experience/suggestions about this :question:

..... they got nice coffee, by the by! :D

:P hehe well i buy the quietest car on earth so I can give it the RIGHT noises! B)

hey so sue me, I like a bit of engine noise! now i've finally got a V8 i want everyone to know it as well.. :lol:

:zee:

.. still dunno about the oil light, haven't seen it again since yesterday, gotta go out to check the oillevel as soon as it dries up again outside... :unsure

I'll have a look at the TDI site, cheers for the suggestion!

:D Let me know how you get on with exhaust i would like to make the back pipes on mine bigger but have not seen any after market pipes for the mk1.I hope it is low on oil as i had this problem once and had to have an engine rebuild as the light flickerd when reved.

micelis

I hope Lexus did a FULL CHECK on the car before you continue with the spending.

Shame about the exhaust. They're supposed to last the life of the car as their stainless an' all.

Personally, I thought the idea of the Lexus was discretion rather than flash. Also if you do long journeys in it (also what I thought the car was designed for), a noisy exhaust will get on your nerves.

There was a Mk IV which was being broken somewhere on this forum.

mudzs

Posted on Jul 17 2003, 09:05 PM

Let me know how you get on with exhaust i would like to make the back pipes on mine bigger but have not seen any after market pipes for the mk1.I hope it is low on oil as i had this problem once and had to have an engine rebuild as the light flickerd when reved.

Well I've gotta sort out the calipers and brake pads first, I dunno how bad the situation with the exhausts is yet, once that's done I gotta get someone to have a look at it, maybe they can fix it with a little welding :unsure:

But if i do decide to get a new exhaust I'll be sure to let ya know! :)

found some nice one's already but i don't really know how it works with exhausts, I'm guessing you cant just fit a random exhaust on yer car, so i'm guessing i h ave to look for one that's specifically made for my car..

flotsam

Posted on Jul 18 2003, 12:46 AM

micelis

I hope Lexus did a FULL CHECK on the car before you continue with the spending.

Shame about the exhaust. They're supposed to last the life of the car as their stainless an' all.

Personally, I thought the idea of the Lexus was discretion rather than flash. Also if you do long journeys in it (also what I thought the car was designed for), a noisy exhaust will get on your nerves.

There was a Mk IV which was being broken somewhere on this forum.

Well i agree it's about discretion, I'm not gonne get a boyracer exhaust, I just want one that'll give it a bit more grunt when i'm revving it, it's gotta stay quiet when i dont of course! :-)

my old Jag was quite noisy, but that never bothered me, even on long journeys.. :)

This story sounds familiar - little niggles, then small problems, then whoops !! :shutit:

I've been down this road, nearly at the end now after spending about 2K.

Be Warned !! be careful (unless you have really deep pockets and don't mind)

This is my first Lexi, bought it cheap and thought I got a bargain (I bet the dealer is still laughing :yahoo: )

A bit of advice for anyone wanting to buy a LS400 - (please feel free to ignore !) don't buy the cheapest, they will cost you more in the end. Get the best you can afford and make sure it as a full "Lexus" history - I wish I had listened.

:crybaby:

I have just put a bid on a MK2 K plate with rear end damage as it is works out cheaper for me to buy a whole car than the parts I need. After I have removed the prop shaft, The whole Air-Con unit, interior, Power steering pump, Alternator & wheels - the rest of the car will be up for grabs if anybody needs any parts - except for those at the back (it's only done 58K with 1 owner). If I get it, I will post the details on here.

cheers !!

cool m8, can ya put my name top of the list for that! :lol:

well i've had 2 jags before so i'm not unfamiliar with the scenario, unfortunately I'm a positive kinda guy so I keep thinking it'll work out okay with the next one! :)

heye well who knows, hopefully this time this'll be the end of the repairs, and not the beginning of a whole list of other problems.... :unsure:

.. keep sayin to myself, next time dont just buy a car cause you like it, get it checked out first!!... :D