Lexus Owners Club Messages

The 24hr test drive is back!

For a limited time only, the Lexus 24 hour test drive is back. Don't miss out - book yours now

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Paddy46

Weird Headlight Behaviour On Gs430

5 posts in this topic

So I'm driving down the M23 from the lit to the unlit section and I realise my headlights aren't on. Yet they are set on auto and the dash indicates they are on with no problems. On a hunch I quickly turn the switch round to "off" and all the way back to auto again. Hey presto the lights come on. Few days later I'm sitting behind a black car in traffic and see only ONE headlamp is on. Again, no indication of a problem on the dash display. Same solution solves it. Repeated again today. Anybody got a clue what this is all about and the fix could be???

Try running the lights in manual mode and see if this eliminates the problem which could be the light control module, there have been isolated cases of the stalk switch playing up on other models.

Thanks Steve, I haven't tested it properly in manual mode - I'll do so and report back.

No problem, just don't leave it 4 months to come back with the your findings lol

possible problem with the igniter unit, not always firing up the HIDs