Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Any Meets In The South?

Thanks Youngiceman lol, not sure how I seem to have been given the job lol, I don't mind really, are there any weekends that people can't do? I will try and think of somewhere suitable around Salisbury unless someone has a better idea, like we said. If you see any other Lexus owners try and tell them about it and we'll see how many we can get down for it.

Well looks like me and lewe_d_is200 are fine with wherever. Just need more feedback from others, if not just private message those that have shown interest on this thread and get there mobile numbers or something. Depends on the minimum number of guys ud like to turn up too.

Just to help you guys a little I would suggest you first find a suitable location, in the past we have had most meetings at a local pubs with plenty of car parking space that also provides food.

Bear in mind some members may be bringing their families so a place with a play area may prove a good idea, 3 year olds generally don't want to be looking inside bonnets or admiring your alloys!

It's no good turning up at a venue with 2 parking spaces!

Once you have found the right venue give the place a call or pop in just to ask if they don't mind ( they take money from sales so the chances are they will be happy to accomodate you)

Obviously don't make it in the middle of nowhere so a sat nav will take you 5 miles down a dead end country lane.

Give the proposed location and set a date or a maximum of 2 possibles and then ask members wishing to attend to add their names to a list.

Meets are notoriously hard to organise as you will always have some members that cannot get on one date but can another so you will have to go with majority wishes, some members may be able to pop in for an hour sometime during the meet if they cannot stay for all of it.

I'll suggest Gozza as the event organiser.

I second ur proposal of making gozza organiser ;-) Im sure like me 1 or 2 others are fine with Salisbury (even tho it quite a distance for me) and are available pretty much whenever. Its just getting answers out of people on here that cud be difficult as not everyone will constantly check there internet, hence getting peoples mobile numbers for better communication.

I'll 3rd that for Gozza to organise, he seems like the man! And thanks steve2006 for all The usefull info you just gave us ( ur a legend )

I'm happy with any date. Gozza pm me for my phone number. As soon as we've set a date and place I'm going to ask every is200/300 and Altezza owners I see if they fancy coming to try and get more people there.

Come on people, get ur names down, this could be a great little meet for all us down in the south.

Is there a big Pub near Broadlands by Peppa Pig World?

Thats not too far from Salisbury and just off the M27 for the Southampton and Pompey folk and again not too far from the end of the M3.

Thanks guys for that vote of confidence lol looks like I'm organising then :) and thanks steve for the advice, I will look into a suitable venue, I think I know the pub near peppa pig world (good suggestion) lol I will try and contact them and get the ball rolling. Speak soon guys.

Ok guys,sorry its been a while, been flat out with work and family lol, think I have found a good place for us to meet i think its the place that RayKhan suggested or certainly near there,Plenty of parking, cheap food if anyone wants to eat etc, somewhere for the kids to play if you're bringing them and close to motorways etc. , so just need to sort a date now, If any of you want to send me your mobile numbers on a private message that would be good. will try and suggest a date in the next couple of days.

So get out there and try and drum up some more IS drivers :)

Ok everyone, I'm gonna say that we do this on Sunday Nov11 and meet at The Vine Inn near Romsey, so near the M27 etc for anyone travelling, I have spoken to the pub and they have said that they don't open till 12, but we are welcome to meet in the car park earlier, thought we could maybe then all have something to eat there when it does open as it is not expensive and they do all sorts of deal etc. I will start a new topic for people to show their interest and say if they can come or not,

look forward to seeing you all soon

Ok guys, started a new topic specificly for people to put their names down to show they're coming to the meet, please have a read and add your name etc so we can get a good idea of numbers, don't forget to tell anyone you know or see about it. :driving:

• 3 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links