Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 Photoshop Bumper!

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well to be honest the creation of the rear-apron/ bumper and the sideskirts is not a problem.... the problem is the front bumper to get it spot on I have to get an OEM Porshe 997 mkII Techart bumper they aren't cheap so sent seller found on eBay an offer with some explaining... we might be lucky...

I'd be most interested in the rear bumper tbh.

I currently have vortex front, sides and rear apron:

DSC_2620_1024.jpg

Prefer that whole rear bumper though, even your pic has the vortex skirts with it ;-)

MMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmm :drool:

Just keep in mind that the creation will be a complete bodykit, with a minimum order of 5 kits.... that said, if I can get the kit created you'll have to find someone that wants the rest of the bodykit.

Also the rear- apron/bumper will have the same lines as on the picture with the front bumper meaning they'll have the same flared out bottom parts so they match-up.... meaning that it'll probably not look the same with your sideskirts.

Think about it and see if you know people that you could sell the rest to.... plus prices quoted will definitely go up as I will

want my investments for the creation of the kit back ( the OEM 997 turbo bumper costs more then people think and those costs will be calculated in the price of the bodykits )

Just a couple of questions and an offer. If the company making these kits are doing it at your request does that mean then you get the moulds are even get a comision every time the company use the moulds? . With the number of Is200/altezza on the road around the world the right to a spacific body kit could be worth a hell of a lot of money. Is the plan to get the company to make the moulds then let them have the world wide rights to the sale of all ferther body kits ?. Also once the moulds are made why can the company then not create single items of the kit i.e single bumper or skirt kit. Its would seem silly to buy the complete kit damage a bumper then have to create a complete kit again. I personally only want the front bumper, as i know a great body shop i could buy the bumper of eBay and have my body shop graft it up for me no problem and certainly for less than the cost of the full kit. So my offer , I am willing to throw some money into the pot providing this kit does meterialise. If the person "investigating " the kit wants to get intouch with me via a message to tell me exactly where the process is upto thats fine.

From what he said in an earlier post, all rights to the use and ownership of the moulds/design would belong to the company who is doing the work in return for subsidised pricing.

They are perfectly capable of making individual items once they have the moulds, but what he means is that the initial order will have to be for 5 complete kits to make it cost effective.

sprinter is 100% right to make it cost effective there has to be an initial order of a minimum of 5 bodykits.

I am still negotiating the ownership of the moulds. The thing is they want me to provide them with the Porshe bumper and DRL lights + needed grills. These cost a bundle of money and to be honest if they want to add it to their catalogue, I'll want some payment from every part sold. I haven't received an answer yet so pending the outcome of this the whole kit might not be made.

Although i dont know how much the lights and grills will cost im sure an extra £44 (£220 for the porshe bumper split at least 5 ways) is not so much of a big price increase for the whole kit. Plus the more people you can get to buy it initially will reduce the overall bill of forking out for the bumper/lights/grills in the first place will it not? If it did get made i would be interested in buying it if the price was still good, so would appreciate it if you kept me posted ;-)

Oke now it is down to see who is willing to put half of the price for the bodykit down...

as the thing is they will not do anything as half of the money has to be payed first.

Please pm me if you want the complete bodykit.

this will be the bodykit:

Rear bumper will look like this ( with real diffuser)

Foto-ZUKC7H7E-D.jpgFoto-LX8AVEOG-D.jpg

Front bumper will look like that above

Sideskirts will look like above

The price for the bodykit will be:

Front bumper £220

Sideskirts £180

Rear bumper with rear diffuser £210

That means that from everyone that wants the bodykit I'll need 305 pounds and we have to have at least 5 orders.

If we can't make 5 orders the whole thing will stop. As i'm not going to fund it by myself.

FYI

the 305 pound is the down payment of 50% per bodykit in total that amounts to 1515 pound.

and they will be the owners of the bodykit moulds otherwise that price will go up!

it looks like there aren't enough people that want this kit... As I'm not going to fund the rest, I'll be left with 3 complete kits that I'll have to store and try to sell... I'll send the company a cancellation as I can't make the deadline for the 50% down payment.

That's a shame mate. At least you tried in being original and getting a totally new design kit to the ageing IS200/300. I would of loved to of seen it come through.

I was interested but unfortunately I don't have those type of funds available, well not to splash on a bodykit anyway. I guess there are a lot of IS owners and LOC members who are in that boat with me.

On top of that, it's difficult to justify investing in something that you haven't actually seen in reality. A photoshop is all well and good but if it doesn't turn out as good, more people will be left with a kit in their garage that they couldn't sell on.

I guess if people had that sort of money spare they'd probably have a more expensive/newer car.

Shame they can't Make a kind of prototype for you to demonstrate on your car, you'd then have the best of both worlds!

Anyway, good luck with what you decide to do with your Lex, you could always chop and modify existing kits avaiable to get a look u want.

Let me put it this way.... I might start building it myself, didn't want a one off (think accidents etc). I know how to do it did because I did it before the only thing I didn't like about doing it myself was the amount of sanding that is involved to get it looking good and the amount of time that it takes before you have an end-product. But the end result was spot-on. So i might give it a go and create it myself.. just have to sort a few things out before I can realise it.

personally i dont want the side skirts or the rear bumper as i have a twin tail pipe system and dont like the side skirts. so how about making 5 front bumpers ! is that do able???? over a grand for a full kit that i only want one piece of making it very steep price just for a bumper, and i cantg see anyone buying the remainder of the kit off me.

To be honest I think it would be much more realistic to just do the front bumper as it's the only unique part out of the kit.

The skirts would just be fibreglass replicas of stuff that's already probably on eBay.

The rear bumper is VERY similar to a kit which again, is available as fibreglass copies already.

The front bumper is the only bit which isn't already available in some form, so it's the only part worth making really.

Gentlemen, I have already cancelled my order and got the drawings returned so it will not be made.

unless someone else wants to deal with it please send me a Private message I'll provide the companies details etc.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links