Lexus Owners Club Messages

Review Your Lexus

Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours, review your Lexus now!

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gearbox1988

Previous Is200 Owner... Possibly Buying An Rs200 Next Week..

2 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

I owned an IS200sport a couple of years back and i just loved it.. it was a great drivers car. i've had a cuple of cars since but none have matched it in terms of driving feel, handling, smoothness etc..

now I've seen a reasonably priced very tidy we number in the version of an rs200 altezza..

I was just wondering if you guys could let me know what would be the main differences between the two (if any)other than the beams engine and power improvement of course.

I mean can i expect the same comfort and handling characteristics.. things like that..??

Thanks in advance..

Appreciate the help peeps ;))

You dont get the sunroof, headlamp washers,half leather seats or premium sound system as standard,but extra power makes up for it...LOL

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• New Member saying Hi
      By FTBBCVoodoo
      Picked her up last weekend from Southampton after trading in my 2007 335i M-Sport.
      She is a 2008 with 50k on the clock (Full Lexus Service History).
      I absolutely love her.  She is called Lichelle :-)
      Apologies for poor photo quality.  She's a little dirty as well as I picked her up in minging weather.

• RX400h 100k servicing and MOT results in £2100 charge
      By Romasato
      Good day,
      Someone might find my story informational - this is not a post to complain or anything. Maybe just to demonstrate how servicing costs can suddenly sky-rocket... Though it left me curious if I was taken for a ride? The guys at Lexus Edgware were so far nice and helpful - no complaints there.
      My RX400h just passed 100k on the odometer so I decided it needed to get serviced properly at an official Lexus shop. The official because timing belt needed changing as well - and I was thinking the official garage is the trustworthy place for this type of job. It also coincided with my MOT expiring - so booked for that one as well. Took it to Lexus Edgware (Jemca), since Twickenham (Currie Motors) do not provide the cheaper servicing option.
      Initial quote:
      £40 - MOT £399 - major service for 5+ year old cars (the value service as they call it) £395 - timing belt change = £734 Left it with them. Few hours later they emailed me a link to a vehicle-vision.com where they had a video uploaded (I have attached it here as well) demonstrating and explaining the discovered faults - with a quote and a button to approve the quote. The manager also called immediately to go over and explain everything etc. Quite a nice touch the online video and quote - did not expect that.
      The issues were:
      Rear driver side shock absorber leaking Both shock absorber gaiters (rubbers protecting them, part no. 48760-48040) torn/split. Initial quote: £1250+ for parts and labor. 
      This is the part of the story that got me confused. During the call I looked up on lexus.co.uk the price for 5+ year old vehicles to replace "Rear Shock Absorbers" - it is £395. So I did suggest that we replace both - the manager did agree and it was (for some reason!) a cheaper option than replacing just one (???).
      New quote to do both shocks and gaiters: £915.42 (in addition to the £734) => ~£1650 
      Later, the car does not pass MOT and I get another call. The reason: one of rear brake calipers is stuck and did not pass the brake efficiency test.
      To replace it is £350 (single caliper) To try and loosen it: ~£165 (cost for an hours labor since everything needs removing to try that - according to the manager) I decide that replacing it might be a better option in case it will stick again.
      New total: £2099

The car is still with Lexus Edgware, going to pick it up tomorrow. After all these repairs it must be golden now!
      Any second opinions? I can't help just wondering how much less it could have cost at a local garage - especially given that car does have a patchy official servicing history with some gaps. Maybe was not worth going the "official" way. I also had already been putting aside some savings for this 100k service as I did expect a lot of expense - but twice less than that :)
      Lexus_vv-video-92717_(1).mp4
    • New Tailights
      By jackwort
      Hi guys. First post. Proud owner of a Lexus IS200 1999 in black. I was looking at these headlights fitted on an is300 and loved them. Wondered if you can still get them and if it's possible to fit them on an is200? Think they are MMSport. If not any other suggestions?
      Cheers

• LS400 Annual Road Tax?
      By MJG
      Hello,
      I have been trying to find out online the annual road tax on for LS400 but not found anything other than people saying with LPG it drops a tenner.
      How much is the road tax on first gen LS400?  
      Thanks
    • Any suggestions on my altezza?/ Want to buy.
      By Is3k.Lord
      hey i'm looking to buy a couple of things, as well some advice/suggestions to do with my tezza?
      I need a Altezza cluster And a Altezza steering wheel sticker/emblem.
      If you can Please help in any way Please let me know!! Thanks!