• 1000's of Lexus For Sale
      1000's of Lexus For Sale
    • Get Your Club Gear
      Get Your Club Gear
    • Join Gold & Save!
      Join Gold & Save!
    • Massive Choice on Lexus Parts
      Massive Choice on Lexus Parts
    • Save Up To 15% On Your Lexus Insurance!
      Save Up To 15% On Your Lexus Insurance!

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gearbox1988

Previous Is200 Owner... Possibly Buying An Rs200 Next Week..

2 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

I owned an IS200sport a couple of years back and i just loved it.. it was a great drivers car. i've had a cuple of cars since but none have matched it in terms of driving feel, handling, smoothness etc..

now I've seen a reasonably priced very tidy we number in the version of an rs200 altezza..

I was just wondering if you guys could let me know what would be the main differences between the two (if any)other than the beams engine and power improvement of course.

I mean can i expect the same comfort and handling characteristics.. things like that..??

Thanks in advance..

Appreciate the help peeps ;))

You dont get the sunroof, headlamp washers,half leather seats or premium sound system as standard,but extra power makes up for it...LOL

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• By spazab
      Hi All, 
      I'm new to this forum, after scouring the classifieds on autotrader/pistonheads/gumtree I thought I'd try and put a wanted post out there after my poor choice in gumtree ad in my first post...
      I'm looking for a manual IS200, under £1,500 - ideally with as few miles as possible, FSH and cambelt to have been done at that price, but I am aware they particularly wear their mileage well.
      I'm based in Oxford and wouldn't mind travelling a little for the right car. 
      If anyone is selling in the next month or so, or knows anyone that is, I would appreciate the feedback!
      Thanks, SpazaB
    • By Wakk
      Hi,
      recently bought a Lexus is300h 2015 which I am in love with. However, just seen the display LCD entertainment system on the 2017 Lexus and it looks a lot bigger than mine. Also noticed it's been on other models of lexus (Gs and Rx) for a while now. 

Wondering, is it possible if I was able to buy the larger display screen would it be compatible with my model? Please let me know if you can shed some light on this. 

Thanks!
    • By spazab
      Hi All,
      I'm new to the Lexus scene, previously owned a BMW 125i E82, which was perfect, but I ended up selling to clear a loan. I'm now in the market for a cheaper car (£2000 all in inc. insurance/tax) that will reliably get me from A-B for the next year as my other half and I move into a house. Unfortunately for her, I get bored of cars easily, but the IS200 seems to be a relatively good compromise.
      I have seen an IS200 Sport on Gumtree for £1,400, FSH at the correct intervals and 103K miles on the clock.
      Cambelt was changed at 68k, oil service with microfilter and sparkplugs at 90K.
      All sounds promising.... The problem is, it's been 11 months since the last MOT, and it's done 20k miles. It had new brake disks and pads at this stage, and there doesn't seem to be any reports of corrosion.
      I've asked for a new MOT, but the "story" is that the owner is the vendors sister, she's had it for 2 years but she's bought something newer and left him to sell the car. He works 7-5:30 and is not insured to get the car to an MOT centre.
      I have asked to view the car with price to be negotiated. Is this too much of a financial risk for an IS200 of this age, is there anything I could look for when viewing this evening?
      Any help would be appreciated, SpazaB
    • By J Henderson
      Having a much-needed clearout. Collection from EH51, or can arrange postage at buyer's expense.

IS200 "Sport" Chrome Tailpipe
      Hard to find genuine item in very good condition. The underside a little pitted but not visible once fitted. Adds a touch of class to any IS200/300 with a stock exhaust system. £20

IS200 Drive Belts
      Full set of Gates drive belts for 1G-FE engine cars - Power-steering, Air-con & Alternator. Brand New, never fitted. £20

HB4/9600 OSRAM Fog Breaker Bulbs
      Colour temperature approx 2600K (Yellow). Brand-new & sealed. Will fit front fogs on '99-'03 1st Gen IS or '05-10 2nd-Gen IS (and possibly others..). £20