• 1000's of Lexus For Sale
      1000's of Lexus For Sale
    • Join Gold & Save!
      Join Gold & Save!
    • Get Your Club Gear
      Get Your Club Gear
    • Save Up To 15% On Your Lexus Insurance!
      Save Up To 15% On Your Lexus Insurance!
    • Massive Choice on Lexus Parts
      Massive Choice on Lexus Parts

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gearbox1988

Previous Is200 Owner... Possibly Buying An Rs200 Next Week..

2 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

I owned an IS200sport a couple of years back and i just loved it.. it was a great drivers car. i've had a cuple of cars since but none have matched it in terms of driving feel, handling, smoothness etc..

now I've seen a reasonably priced very tidy we number in the version of an rs200 altezza..

I was just wondering if you guys could let me know what would be the main differences between the two (if any)other than the beams engine and power improvement of course.

I mean can i expect the same comfort and handling characteristics.. things like that..??

Thanks in advance..

Appreciate the help peeps ;))

You dont get the sunroof, headlamp washers,half leather seats or premium sound system as standard,but extra power makes up for it...LOL

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• By J Henderson
      This thing sounds pretty beastly! 
    • By J Henderson
      Having a much-needed clearout. Collection from EH51, or can arrange postage at buyer's expense.

IS200 "Sport" Chrome Tailpipe
      Hard to find genuine item in very good condition. Adds a touch of class to any IS200/300 with a stock exhaust system. £20

IS200 Drive Belts
      Full set of Gates drive belts for 1G-FE engine cars - Power-steering, Air-con & Alternator. Brand New, never fitted. £20

HB4/9600 OSRAM Fog Breaker Bulbs
      Colour temperature approx 2600K (Yellow). Brand-new & sealed. Will fit front fogs on '05-10 2nd-Gen IS. £20

• By malahai
      Hi guys, 
      I am getting mental with this stuff, so I hope somebody will be able to direct me to some solution. I got my IS200 2004 reg., about a year ago. Back then I changed all pads and discs to some new but cheap-ish stuff, different brand on the front, different at the back. I think at this moment I started to get steering wheel wobble when breaking from about 40-70mph. I did live with them for about 2 months but got annoyed, so changed all breaks and discs, this time I went for full set from Pagid. I realized immediately, that it did not sort out my wobble problem. After some time I decided to finally resolve the problem, took it to mechanic thinking that it might be faulty wheel alignment. Nope, all OK. They said it might be some dirt on front drive hub flange (if I undestood well). They cleaned one (front passenger side) and it was OK - wobble gone. For two days, then it came back. 
      So now, should I assume that problem might be with those front drive hub flanges? Or maybe calipers, as they are the only part that wasn't changed? Let me add that I fitted set of 4 brand new tires and alloy wheels as well. Any ideas guys? Would really appreciate some help. 
    • By RobW
      It has been a while since my car was serviced so I did a few things.
      Changed air filter, oil and oil filter. Car runs lovely when first started and driven but if you stop and then restart (lets say for petrol) the car starts misfiring.
      Initially, it was cylinder 5 reported as misfiring, now it's 1,3 and 5 and a report of bank 2 running lean.
      I've swapped coils and plugs around but I still have the same problem.

Is it just coincidence this has happened since "service" or can they be related.?