Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Script On Lexus Web Site Causing Ie To Slow

Recently I've been getting a pop-up message warning me that a script running on this site is causing Internet Explorer to slow. This happens each time I click on the 'Forum' link at the top of the page. Anyone else getting this?

I am given the option to stop the script from running, which I accept, but then it happens again when returning to the main Forum page.

Using OS XP Prof. IE8

Recently I've been getting a pop-up message warning me that a script running on this site is causing Internet Explorer to slow. This happens each time I click on the 'Forum' link at the top of the page. Anyone else getting this?

I am given the option to stop the script from running, which I accept, but then it happens again when returning to the main Forum page.

Using OS XP Prof. IE8

Hello.

You shouldn't be using internet explorer! it is easily the most hacked software on the planet and notoriously poor at keeping peoples computers safe.

use a different explorer like

google chrome, fast reliable (so far) and was the first to introduce a favourites startup page.

https://www.google.com/chrome/?installdataindex=nosearch&hl=en-GB&brand=CHMB&utm_campaign=en-GB&utm_source=en-GB-ha-emea-ie-sk&utm_medium=ha

apple Safari, not as good as mozilla or chrome but its my preference.

http://www.apple.com/safari/

Mozilla FireFox easily a world favourite, very safe and very customisable! the are lots and extensions and themes that can be applied so that it functions and looks just how you want it to.

http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/

and Opera only used it at school but it has its followers. mobile version is popular.

http://www.opera.com/

However as you own a car from the best car manufacturer on the planet you really should upgrade to the best computer manufacturer. Microsoft's Windows is useless unsafe and unreliable.

You should buy a Mac. they will out last any windows based machine and this is not my opinion it is confirmed by "Which" the independent review magazine.

Thanks for the advice Stefan:

I do have chrome and its fine with that.

I also have 30 years experience in programming, database design and development.

I've worked on PCs, Macs, mainframes, Unix boxes and Linux software.

I know about hacking, back-door access and which browsers have what vulnerabilities.

My post was about an issue with the website for those using a browser that is still a major part of the current home computer scene despite your reservations.

When developing websites or stand-alone applications, a designer has to consider all options and all platforms.

Just because some of us have views about certain browsers and hardware doesn’t negate the fact that people still use IE ; therefore good programmers will always accommodate them – including those Lexus owners using PCs with IE installed.

Thanks for the advice Stefan:

I do have chrome and its fine with that.

I also have 30 years experience in programming, database design and development.

I've worked on PCs, Macs, mainframes, Unix boxes and Linux software.

I know about hacking, back-door access and which browsers have what vulnerabilities.

My post was about an issue with the website for those using a browser that is still a major part of the current home computer scene despite your reservations.

When developing websites or stand-alone applications, a designer has to consider all options and all platforms.

Just because some of us have views about certain browsers and hardware doesn’t negate the fact that people still use IE ; therefore good programmers will always accommodate them – including those Lexus owners using PCs with IE installed.

no problem i get your drift.

apologies for my patronising manner. it wasn't intended but given your experience it would have appeared so.

No offence taken Stefan.

Essentially much of what you wrote is true, though perhaps written with a little too much passion.

No browser or hardware architecture is 100% and each has its merits.

Through my experience I am never complacent about any software installed on my hardware.

I have a full Internet and virus application that continually watches for any anomalies. I also have another application that scans every web page that I access which detects dangerous scripts and Trojans. I close down my computer with another application that thoroughly destroys all traces of browsing – and I don’t mean delete the traces, I do mean destroy!

So many people think when they delete something that it is gone, not so, it’s just flagged as no longer used – it’s still on your computer.

I have a separate programme that specifically protects my passwords and my central core operating system security. This is all on top of the standard firewall that I have on my router and server.

There will be some out there that will call me paranoid, but as someone once said, ‘It’s not paranoid if someone IS really after you.’

Interestingly Google Chrome is the biggest culprit for snooping as it now stores your browsing records on its own servers and not locally. This means that you can no longer control what happens to it. If you believe Google they say by checking a box in the settings this will not happen – really?

Ignoring the pros & cons of different browsers, it is still true that over 98% of PCs now in use are an XP & Explorer combination.

Mine is XPpro IE8 (fuly updated & protected) and don't think I should need to buy a new system just to use this site.

I now found this site to be tragically & appalingly slow. It has been for a few months - I know no other site as slow & have tried it in a number of different locations on different PCs - it is the same on all of them. It is clearly not a virus/exploit problem. It is absolutely an issue with the LOC site which WAS fine and now isn't - perhaps a roll-back of some sort is called-for!