Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I am looking into buying a Lexus is 220d 2006/2007 model within next month. no more than 55k and will be a standard or se, not sport. currently have a bmw 3 series petrol and also had a audi a3 diesel.

dont fancy going back to audi as prefer a change into unknown. although reading reviews and searching on google, i seem to find problem after problem with these cars by owners.

im a little novice about cars realy and dealers. few questions i have as follows,

Do all lexus owners seem to find same problems with the motor, injectors ad cat problems seem common

What real MPG am i going to find driving to and from school runs and around town, with average motorway use

Did the 06/07 models have recals and how can u check if one buying has been recalled, if not and should have how do i resolve if possible

lastly i hope ther not all struck with same problems as the car looks awesome and drove and think its a pleasure in the driving seat, especialy with all equipment you get.

thanks in advance

anthony

Why are you considering the diesel? If you're currently driving a petrol 3 series you ought to at least consider the IS250.

If your main motivation is economy (I'm guessing here), then you might be somewhat disappointed by the Lexus diesel.

Iv had the BMW 6 months and little bored and I think ther little common as I see them everywhere. I did prefer Audi diesel tho. What's the mpg realistically on the petrol and are ther faults common with those. Thanks gor the feedback

I opted for Lexus as I wanted something less ubiquitous than a 3 series, so I understand where you're coming from.

I average about 34mpg with my IS250-SE auto. My driving is about 60% dual carriageways, 20% country lanes, 20% town. The IS250 auto is actually slightly more efficient than the manual - and significantly cheaper to tax each year.

The diesel version (manual only) is more efficient, but not by as much as you might expect. When I had one for a few days I averaged about 44-45mpg for my typical runs.

The petrol version doesn't appear to suffer from any significant engine or transmission problems.

The diesels have some issues - search this forum for the full low-down.

I don't want to knock the diesel because I know there are satisfied owners out there. I would just recommend that you fully investigate both cars before deciding which one is right for you.

Good luck.

250 is a better car than a 220d. I have 38 mpg average on my 220d mainly on motorways. I had a 250 advance for a week .This was so much better car to drive. I managed to get 33 mpg. I do regret that I didn't go for a 250.

250 is a better car than a 220d. I have 38 mpg average on my 220d mainly on motorways. I had a 250 advance for a week .This was so much better car to drive. I managed to get 33 mpg. I do regret that I didn't go for a 250.

I am getting a much better return on my mpg than Fulcrum (see my thread "Problems headed off at the pass") and I love the car but, I do also regret not going for the IS250! I should have heeded the advice given to me here on the LOC before i made my purchase. Never mind, if I get a decent win on something I will definitely change mine.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links