Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

How To Rectify Code C1201 On Is200D

Hi guys, recently i got an issue with my IS220d. when diagnosed, it came out with c1201 code. It stated that the ABS malfunction and when i googled the code it stated the LF speed sensor malfunction. Anyone have ever experienced this sort of problems? and can anyone tell me how to rectify it?

From what you have described it would point to a faulty left front ABS sensor which is mounted on the hub.

Being positioned where they are they are subjected to dirt and water and damage so 1st thing to check is the wiring to it including the plug and socket, clean all the dirt from around it and make sure it is all secure.

There is also a toothed ring on the hub which the sensor uses to determine if the wheel is turning or has locked up, make sure this is also clean and none of the teeth are damaged.

The link below explains the basics and may help you locate the components mentioned although on the IS the layout will be slightly different.

http://www.sjmautotechnik.com/trouble_shooting/brake.html

• 6 years later...
On 4/28/2012 at 1:57 PM, fi5hy said:

Thanx Steve2006, will try to check and clean up the sensor. Will keep you posted. 😄

It's a while back(!) but did you fix it?

I

14 minutes ago, PCM said:

It's a while back(!) but did you fix it?

I'd say so.....nearly 7 years, I reckon he's moved on or not had any other faults since and forgot to update!

paul m.

2 minutes ago, Texas said:

I

I'd say so.....nearly 7 years, I reckon he's moved on or not had any other faults since and forgot to update!

paul m.

Would love to know how!