Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

For All Those That I've Helped, Can I Ask For A Little Back?

Hi folks,

Many of the longer term residents here will know me quite well and the help I've given on the electronics side. Now its my turn for a small favour. I never blather on about charities normally but this one is close to my heart.

I'm not that active on the boards now as most of you know I've had trouble with my Cancer for many years now. My mother and more recently my sister have died from it.

A lot of money goes towards cancer research which is great, but the reality is we are still very far away and help is needed for those terminally ill patients in Hospices, or under the hospice help but at home.

My gratitude to the hospice is un-ending. They arrange equipment to your home and any sort of support you can imagine. They show so much dedication. I remember one old guy who was ill and went blind before he died. The staff would just sit there talking to him, holding his hand. There's loads of examples I could give that's just part of their commitment to what they do.

They help so much with pain control, taking away so much of the agony and bad affects of the stage people are at. Nothing is too much trouble - even a meal in the middle of the night. They even support families and arrange pretty much anything that is related. They organise days out and all sorts of activities.

Unfortunately they have to rely on fundraising and donations.

I'm just doing a little midnight walk of 6 miles in memory of my sister and mother in order to raise money for the Woodlands Hospice.

Could those I've helped (and not asked for a penny) donate something to the hospice? I'm only asking for a couple of quid, less than it probably cost me to help at the time (I used to spend a fortune on postage let alone components, phone calls, etc. for people!)

Maybe just skip a coffee or a pint and donate instead?

I'm really asking everyone - even those that don't know me just in case you can help. It is the end of life for people. It has be be as nice and comfortable as possible.

You can donate -HERE- by credit card or paypal. The picture on there is in memory of Janine, my sister who has recently died.

I would be ever so grateful and it will help so many people.

Thank you,

Geoff

I don't know what to say. People have been so very generous. I honestly didn't expect donations of that much!

Thank you all so very much. Some have donated without replying here so thank you too.

It really does mean a lot to me and of course, it will help so many people.

Thank you

Thank you so very much Ray.

Its not too late - its all about raising money in for them so I'm just going to keep doing stuff. I know 6 miles its only a token gesture realy but it was a way rather than asking straight out, plus my own health isn't too good anymore so I'll probably not manage more.

This walk is the 19th but still accepting until the end of July for it.

Its an ongoing thing. As its setup with justgiving, I'm going to let it just carry on running for the next one.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links