Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Running Water Noise

woody86

Hi everyone. I own a 57 250 and I've noticed that when I tap the accelerator in neutral there's a noise that I can only describe as running water. Has any come across this before?

I had this sort of issue with my impreza a few years ago. It was caused by some air in the airconditioning unit. This caused it to gurgle and sound like running water (trickling sound). Might need it fixed by a garage. If its the same as the scoob, then it wont cause any problems, but it is a pita.

Ok thanks for that think I will take it to Lexus as it still has warranty.was hoping it was something small and easy that I could look at.

• 1 year later...

Hi Woody86, any new information about that gurgle noise? How did you fix it? What was the problem, it was costly ? Please let me know as I have same problem on my 08 is220d with 84k. ..plus I get passenger side of the car cooling insted heating also!! Checked level its ok and pinky, no bad smell either. Appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...

I would be interested in hearing about this also as my IS220d was making a similar noise a few days ago and now its gone, I was thinking it might have been the Heater Matrix.....

In regards to your heating on one side only koppatroppa2002, I would say that it's either the Heater Matrix which is blocked or the drivers door blend actuators that are in the closed position.

I would be interested in hearing about this also as my IS220d was making a similar noise a few days ago and now its gone, I was thinking it might have been the Heater Matrix.....

In regards to your heating on one side only koppatroppa2002, I would say that it's either the Heater Matrix which is blocked or the drivers door blend actuators that are in the closed position.

Hey there, can you be more specific? Can be easy fix by myself or its more serious? I'm not afraid get bit dirty plus like to know that its proper done ( when its fixed by myself). I'm a picky person. Plus,try to not bother Lexus dealers if you know what I mean :-$

A last week update: I did took chance and put in "radweld" wich bought from Halfords, heard mite fixe the problem and guess what, no more gurgle noise next days but, my heater problem still there :-(

Driver side slightly heating even if set maximum on heat and like b4, passenger side still. . .cooling ufff

Also heard that closer cap from cooling container mite create this kind of problems sometimes, but doubt it!

The door blend actuators on the Lexus are a bit of a mystery to me as I have never had any problems with mines so never looked into it.

The best bet is to ring your local Lexus dealer, parts department and tell them that you need a door blend actuator for whichever side you have the problem on. They can provide you with schematics of what the part looks like and its location. That will probably be the best way to go forward for you if you don't mind getting dirty.

Once you have checked the components to see if they are activating correctly, the next step would be to see if the heater matrix is clogged on one side, that's going to be a little more long winded....

If they are not activating correctly then you will know where the problem lies.

Let me know how you get on with that please.

The door blend actuators on the Lexus are a bit of a mystery to me as I have never had any problems with mines so never looked into it.

The best bet is to ring your local Lexus dealer, parts department and tell them that you need a door blend actuator for whichever side you have the problem on. They can provide you with schematics of what the part looks like and its location. That will probably be the best way to go forward for you if you don't mind getting dirty.

Once you have checked the components to see if they are activating correctly, the next step would be to see if the heater matrix is clogged on one side, that's going to be a little more long winded....

If they are not activating correctly then you will know where the problem lies.

Let me know how you get on with that please.

Thanks Kev for reply, I guess the Lexus dealer ideea sounds good and I'll try monday to go to them see what they might came up with . There's always a chance that the problem to be somewhere else, thats what I found annoying. Keep you posted.

The cold air on one side and hot air on the other side only has 2 possible scenarios which are the ones that I have listed for you already.

They are both long winded but the Matrix is the longest out of the both of them depending on how you want to look at it.

I will wait for your reply.

By the way, if you really like what I had to say then please click on the "like this" at the bottom right hand side of my reply!

Hi again, a new update: The gurgle noise, in my case, is coz the radiator leaks wich obviously needs to be replaced !!! ..so Kev, gurgle noise means air trapped inside the cooling system only !!!! .. and by the way there's a small plastic No.6 hex head on the top left handside of the radiator(watching from outside facing the car, of course) for bleading the system. No one mention abouy this so I thought I'll update for all our is220d owners as I didn't know.!

2mor I'll try Kev advice and I'll ask at my local lexus dealer for a actuator as they were v. helpful in past and hope to get a scheme of what is look like and where to check for it. A good think from all this so far, came out last nite, when after a dreadful 2 hours labour I manage to pull out the thermostat and after boiled in a small pan to check if its working properly open/close(wich he does ..:-d ) took another hour work to outt everything back!@hard work , I wouldn't do it again !!! To not mention that all usual VSC, Traction Control Off and The Red Triangle came on my dashboard after all but with lucky guess, heard of here on forum that disconnecting the Battery mite reset the ECU, today I disconnected the Battery for about 40min and when put it back all was back to normal..uffff..big relief !! Keep you posted as usual .

Do you have adequate fluid in your expansion tank (white bottle, front of engine) it sounds like the gurgling sound has gone due to there now being sufficient fluid as you have added the radweld. Not ideal to put this in the cooling system as it needs to be a special Lexus recommended pink coolant.

I had this problem - gurgling / running water noise on start up a while ago and thought it was normal but when I could not get the heater to work when the cold weather began I investigated the system and found there to be no fluid showing in the tank so I initially topped it up until it was at the proper level with ordinary blue anti freeze (not ideal but the dilution vs what was in the system already was small) - this cured the heating problem.

I could get it to heat up before I realised there was no fluid in the tank by driving the car using the manual option so I new something was wrong so if this is the same symptom as what you have had then I would check your expansion tank for sufficient fluid. Mine showed no signs of leakage so I am guessing it uses a bit of fluid over time.

Don't wanna sound like a bad news guy but lads, if your coolant level its dropping and you top up once in a while you definitely have a leak somewhere and needs to be sorted, or you'll get dipper in trouble along the way...and dipper in ur pockets too! I've got quoted 240 +vat from Lexus garage for radiator replacement so I guess its not to bad. Anyway that's 1st step to be taken in my case anyway, in order to fix my heating problems.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links