Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Help Buying A Is 200

Hi.

Just registered to this forum to see if you guys can help me find an IS200 for me to buy smile.png

I live in Norway so i'm sure I don't know all the used cars sites. I found one car on autotrader.co.uk but it was sold sad.png

What I'm looking for is an Lexus IS 200, 99 or 2000 (due to import fees in Norway it would be too expensive to import an 01 or newer sad.png )

(Due to new import regulations the fees are less than before. So the year is not so important anymore)

Preferably White or Granite Sky(Gunmetal Gray). Low mileage < 60 000 and manual transmission.

Hope you guys can help me out smile.png

-Thomas

White IS200's are very very very rare in UK as white coloured cars was not in fashion during 99 and 2000 but became popular in Europe from mid 2000's onwards even then I have never seen a white mark 1 IS only the mark 2's . will keep an eye anyway and give you a shout when i find one!!

Thanks for the quick replies :)

White IS200's are very very very rare in UK as white coloured cars was not in fashion during 99 and 2000 but became popular in Europe from mid 2000's onwards even then I have never seen a white mark 1 IS only the mark 2's . will keep an eye anyway and give you a shout when i find one!!

They are very rare everywhere it seems. Haven't found anyone else in Germany nor Sweden.

I would really appreciate if you would let me know if you find one :)

i think there are a few here in sweden that are cheap and easy to get hold of. check out block.se and see whats about

I checked both blocket.se and bytbil.se, but so far no luck...

And I forgot to mention that I want it with manual transmission... :)

And I would also prefer a right steered car (easier to get parts from Japan :) )

depends on how bad you want a white IS200. other colours do look nice aswell like silver, black, blue and ferrari red. not sure about green and grey colours tho!! maybe you could buy a descent one in a different colour and have it resprayed to white ouce its in Norway bet it will be cheaper doing that there than in UK.

depends on how bad you want a white IS200. other colours do look nice aswell like silver, black, blue and ferrari red. not sure about green and grey colours tho!! maybe you could buy a descent one in a different colour and have it resprayed to white ouce its in Norway bet it will be cheaper doing that there than in UK.

You got a valid point, there are some of the colours that are interesting. I think the Granite Sky looks cool. (haven't seen it in real life tho...) An a paint job is always an option.

How much would you guess a paint job would cost in UK?

wont have the slightest clue mate but for all i knoe paint jobs here are not cheap and i think to have it resprayed to another colour will have to log it with DVLA UK but not sure as i havent done a spray on my previous cars!! maybe someone else on this forum mite help on that..

Quick before it goes. although not an IS badge it shares pretty much 90% parts with IS expect these are good for 210bhp yamaha engine but you wont get electric seats , sunroof, half leather etc..

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1998-S-reg-TOYOTA-ALTEZZA-RS200-6-SPEED-MANUAL-WHITE-/270972270263?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item3f1734b6b7

One is automatic (forgot to mention that in my first post, but has updated it now :) ), and the other is 01' :| but looked really nice.

Quick before it goes. although not an IS badge it shares pretty much 90% parts with IS expect these are good for 210bhp yamaha engine but you wont get electric seats , sunroof, half leather etc..

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item3f1734b6b7

I know, but I don't think I'll get it registered here since the Altezza never var sold in Norway. The Norwegian government is narrow minded when it comes to cars :(

if i was you i would source a decent one in Norway then have it resprayed at leat you will get to test drive the car , check it over for faults, and most of all will already be registered in Norway. I know sometimes importing works out cheaper but would you really want to go through the hassle of buying a car you havent test driven or checked over the go through shipping paper work and charges then have to pay duty when clearing from the Norwegian port.?? or look for a company which imports Japanese cars give them the exact spec you want and they can do all the hassle work for you all you need to do is prob pay them a deposit and balance ounce the car is in :zee:

if i was you i would source a decent one in Norway then have it resprayed at leat you will get to test drive the car , check it over for faults, and most of all will already be registered in Norway. I know sometimes importing works out cheaper but would you really want to go through the hassle of buying a car you havent test driven or checked over the go through shipping paper work and charges then have to pay duty when clearing from the Norwegian port.?? or look for a company which imports Japanese cars give them the exact spec you want and they can do all the hassle work for you all you need to do is prob pay them a deposit and balance ounce the car is in :zee:

I have looked at the used marked in Norway, but it's almost no cars, and the few that are has long mileage or has automatic transmission. And I save probably around £5000 by importing one myself, so buying a plane ticket for under 100£ isn't a big deal :) Plus I get to visit UK :)

And I would love to import one from Japan, but it's almost impossible due to the super strict rules for registration. (example: you cant even get a Toyota Supra from Japan registered at all)

you dont have any family here in sweden then. you could use there address to keep it. there are plenty of other cars out here if you want and a respray would be cheaper in sweden than norway. plus a left hand drive car. or a company that can do a full body wrap, we have a couple at work.

2011-04-12071047.jpg

2011-04-12071059.jpg

any way hope you find the car your looking for.

you dont have any family here in sweden then. you could use there address to keep it. there are plenty of other cars out here if you want and a respray would be cheaper in sweden than norway. plus a left hand drive car. or a company that can do a full body wrap, we have a couple at work.

any way hope you find the car your looking for.

Unfortunately I don't, maybe I should move there myself :D Respray or a body wrap is not a bad idea. As for the right vs left hand drive I would prefer right hand drive, I'm planning to use the car as sort of an demo car for a friend of mine which have a company that imports styling/tuning parts for Japanese cars. You might have heard of it, http://www.tsdtuning.se .

I know I'm being a bit picky here, but I hope you understand. I just want the perfect car :)

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...

hey Somatsu after 7 months, at last one turns up thats if you still looking reasonably priced too smile.png

http://www.autotrade...u63hp?logcode=p

Hey, thanks for letting me know. But for some reason I didn't get an email alerting me about your post.

The Norwegian government has changed some rules about importing cars, so it's now cheaper to get a newer car.

Hope you'll let me know if another one shows up :) And I'll keep a better eye on this thread :)