Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Evening guys

I have a GS300 MK2 with 95K on it. Only recently I've noticed its not as responsive as it used to be. Only the other day my brother and I were on our way to London, and whilst on the motorway he kicked it down to overtake - the car was holding back and the power was bogging (being restrictive).

Now I have done the ECU resetting last year November time, it learnt my driving technique. I performed the ECU reset today, and to my dismay the car feels so crap it's unreal. It's almost everytime I put my foot on the accelerator, it chokes and then the revs go up.

The only way I can describe it is as power loss, power bogging. Even when revving the car stationary it takes a a second or two to respond, and when it does it very reluctant to rev. This power loss has been gradual and seems to have got worse.

Any feedback will be highly appreciated

First thing I would do is have the diagnostic codes read for possible stored faults, even if the EML is not on it may show something up.

It's difficult to diagnose just from description but a blocked EGR valve can cause these symptoms or an obstructed exhaust ( collapsed cat or silencer).

When was the last service done?

Another is a problem with the VVTI system, there is a small filter in the oil supply which operates the valve timing and if it becomes blocked the low oil pressure can cause problems.

First thing I would do is have the diagnostic codes read for possible stored faults, even if the EML is not on it may show something up.

It's difficult to diagnose just from description but a blocked EGR valve can cause these symptoms or an obstructed exhaust ( collapsed cat or silencer).

When was the last service done?

Another is a problem with the VVTI system, there is a small filter in the oil supply which operates the valve timing and if it becomes blocked the low oil pressure can cause problems.

Thank you very much Steve for your reply.

There is no engine management light on. I will do a search to see if I can get diagnostic codes (guessing it's a paper clip test similar to other toyotas).

Where would I find the EGR valve? I last done the service in December on xmas day.

Is there any way of getting to the oil filter for the VVTI system

Help is much appreciated :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links