Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New K&n Panel Filter?

Axon

Hi all,

Ive never really done much in terms of my engine bay but i was looking at swapping out the oem panel filter for a K&N one, would this be a good choice and would i benifit much from it?

Many thanks, Frazer.

I dont think K&N make a full induction kit for the IS200 so i think their panel filter should be ok and in terms of power gains i dont think an induction kit would do much

to be honest id like more mpg than anything else

there's no point installing induction kits without remapping ecu... you're thinking you've gained some power because of good sound but in most cases you're actually loosing it. k&n panel filters are good choice but i heard that pipercross sounds better

K&N Panel filter all the way matey just make sure you clean and oil it every so often

When you buy a K&N panel filter do you get oil with it?

• 1 month later...

It makes sense on the re-usability factor alone seeing Lexus charge around £24 for an OEM one will get chucked on your next service.

If it helps, I got my K&N air filter from fasterfilters.co.uk, at the time it was cheaper than any of the ones going on flea-bay.

I have the K&N typhoon induction kit on my IS300 and it does sound really good.

Not sure if they make it for the IS200 ... however I have found a used one on eBay for an IS200 after a quick search.

The only downside in my eyes is the cleaning and reoiling ... gets a bit messy and takes time.

IMG_20120709_134008.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

How does this sound Vasilis in regards to engine/induction noise? - also do you see fuel drop in having this in place?

I've seen a similar kit on eBay. I currently have a K&N panel filter in place, but want to experience the sound/feel of a performance cone filter.

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item2e9fc079e0

How does this sound Vasilis in regards to engine/induction noise? - also do you see fuel drop in having this in place?

I've seen a similar kit on ebay. I currently have a K&N panel filter in place, but want to experience the sound/feel of a performance cone filter.

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item2e9fc079e0

When cruising there is no sound at all ... it is really quite. Just like box standard car.

However when you accelerate (the harder the more sound you get) the straight 6 does sound like a racing motorbike coming to life.

I cannot compare fuel consumption as this is how I bought the car with the induction kit in place. Although the previous owner has provided the standard box and fitings for the original filter. But I had never reverted to the factory one.

I would not think it would have much drop in fuel. I assume it is addictive to rev it up to get the noise... so you will get more consuption from there... but the filter is not to blame lol

Thanks a lot for your reply, really appreicate it :)

Do you think the kit on eBay looks good/similar to yours except the filter?

I want to free up the straight 6 a bit..want to hear her a bit more

It does look very similar. Just make sure the fitting/mounting points are correct for your model. I would not think there would be any difference in the chrome tube design.

However the filter is what matters, you would not want it to decompose in 10.000miles ;)

Ask they guy for cleaning instructions too as he does not seem to mention anything in ad?

Has anyone here used an Apexi panel filter? I've seen K+N and Pipercross being recommended, but I had an Apexi induction kit on previous car ( Silvia) and that was generally regarded as being the best filter you could get for the money. This time round, I'm only after a panel filter, not an induction kit.

all the good brand panel filters give roughly the same engine sound and better breathing... so if you want to go for apexi go for it ... it might give a deeper sound then the cotton panel filters mentioned above

Dry filters like Apexi & TRD are generally only good for the same lenth as an OE filter where as K&N last for ever. You only need to clean them every 50K miles under normal conditions.

• 1 month later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links