Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Went to look at a GS300, and came away a bit perplexed at the sunroof controls.

Up obviously opened it upwards, but as it wasn't a one-touch operation, pressing down also retracted it.

There didn't seem to be a defining click/clunk that gave an indication it was okay to stop pressing the button.

The same thing worked in reverse - open retracted it, but close pressed too long, opened it the other way again.

Is this really normal behaviour or should the two sets of buttons operate completely independently?

On the basis of this being how Lexus have "engineered" the operation of the sunroof, I'd be feckin' scared witless of using the thing, for fear of leaving it not fully closed, and rainwater getting in round the seal.

Mind you, if the drains are working fine, there'd be no water in the car itself, but even so!

Pity the SE-L came with a sunroof as standard, as aside from losing headroom, there's this to be slightly concerned with as well.

Anybody want to calm my fears?

On my 2002 GS430 the switches operate totally independantly of each other. One operates the "tilt" function whilst the other operates the "slide" function. There is no clunking or clicking from my switches. Does the car not have a handbook/manual that you can refer to?

Didn't mean the switches - the roof itself, so you had an audible indication it was shut completely.

As it was, it didn't give any feedback that it was shut, before it proceeded to open the other way.

Didn't mean the switches - the roof itself, so you had an audible indication it was shut completely.

As it was, it didn't give any feedback that it was shut, before it proceeded to open the other way.

Sounds ok. If it wasn't fully shut from say "tilt" it wouldnt open on "slide". Not sure if mine clicks but I'll check in morning.

It's okay, the guys on clublexus have said it needs reset from having it's Battery disconnected or drained.

It should return to one-touch and separate controls again, once the process has been done.

Thanks for offering some help.

It's okay, the guys on clublexus have said it needs reset from having it's battery disconnected or drained.

It should return to one-touch and separate controls again, once the process has been done.

Thanks for offering some help.

This is correct

The Ed

You need to put it through a full cycle then it will reset itself to one-touch operation, press the open button and keep pressed until it has gone through a full cycle and bobs your uncle.....this also happens with the windows...same applys.

You need to put it through a full cycle then it will reset itself to one-touch operation, press the open button and keep pressed until it has gone through a full cycle and bobs your uncle.....this also happens with the windows...same applys.

I've never had to reset sunroof or windows following Battery removal on my Mk 2. Is it because it was introduced on the Mk 3? Had my Battery off for 3 weeks and no problem with any electrical functions when i reconnected it.