Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Scratch Remover

Hi , sorry to hear about your damage, people just don’t seem to respect other peoples property any more.

It really depends on how deep the scratch is, and if your car has a clear coat applied, witch would depend on how old your car is. If you can run your finger nail over the scratch and your nail catches in the scratch then I am afraid you wont be able to get rod of it completely, but you should be able to reduce the look of it.

I tend not to use scratch remover on clear coated cars as it can remove the clear coat and damage the paint, a good polish and elbow grease tends to do the trick.

If it’s a light scratch and your car does not have clear coat then there are lots of different scratch removers on the market, just go easy with them and remember to give the area a good two or three coats of polish when you have removed the scratch.

Ps…a clear coat is a clear lacquer applied to fairly new cars that have water based paint, not like older cars that have oil based paint witch is a lot harder.

Chris

• 4 weeks later...

That is not really scratch remover, if you have a deep scratch that product is ok but designed to fill the scratch with transparent lacquerer, and if the scratch is down to the base coat then you will have to fill in the scratch with a coloured felt tip pen ( a colour as close to your paint match as possible) then apply this product.

But if the scratch is that deep then I would get the proper touch up paint from the Lexus dealership and use that instead. I no in the USA your can buy a pen that has the paint colour of your car in one end and the clear coat in the other but I am not sure about here in the UK. When I go and pick up my car mats next week I will enquire about that.

If its only a light scratch then I would use a meguiar’s product.

http://www.theultima...scratch+remover

I have used this before and it works quite well.

On the other hand if it’s a bad scratch, deep scratch or right in the middle off a panel then I would probably call out the professionals.

Good luck

Chris

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links