Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Bluetooth Phone Connection

Evening all,

I have a question about pairing phones with the Lexus Bluetooth system. I have linked (paired) two phones with my car, one is my work Blackberry and one is my personal Sony Android phone. They both show as registered on the system. The thing is, I pair hem, they work. I turn off, and leave the car and come back with both phones on my person, in my pocket, and it says on the head unit : Connection failed. If I go in and select the phone through settings, I can re-pair it with a pass key and all is good. Now, I work in IT, but never played about much with Bluetooth. My question is, surely I don't have to re-pair a phone every time I get into the car? It would be less hassle to keep a wired hands free earphone style affair on the centre console...?

Any ideas?

P.S. used the factory sat-nav in anger for the first time today, and was most impressed. It attempted several times to re-direct me around a bit of a snarl on the M25 this morning, and the quality of the split-screen zoom at junctions and roundabouts was really good. Just need my 2012 disc now, and all will be well :)

I would try and remove the passkey option and see what happens then - this is my best guess as I do not see how it could possibly work with two phones on one system, unless as you correctly say you have to go into the system and select the phone you wish to use.

Perhaps you could offer me some help. I have just bought a 2009 GS 300 SE having previously owned a 2001 GS 300 SE from new. In my new car I find I cannot use the voice control on the hands free system. A message comes up telling me the number is 'not tagged' Do you know hoe to do this?

Tony

Thanks all, oddly enough, I've not had issues with the connection recently, but having read about some people talking about rebooting the BT phone to get it working, I've not let the phone run out of Battery and keep BT switched on, and it has been properly reconnecting each time.