Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2002 Gs300 - Which Brake Pads

mani.b

Hi All,

I'm looking to change my front brake pads. Have always been using the original Lexus parts, but dealer prices are just to high now.

Does anyone know who Lexus/ Toyota use to make their pads as other car manufacturers (i.e German ) ones tend to use Textar, ATE, etc

Can anyone recommend any decent brake pads? I've seen some Pagid ones at a good price.

Mani

this is lexus birminghams eBay page. genuine pads for less than £40 worth e-mailing them for price of front ones aswell. my guess will be it wont be any more than £50. but saying that I currenty have Pagid brakes both front and rear and they excellent but will switch to Toyota/Lexus once they worn out.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rear-Brake-Pads-IS200-IS300-GS-2-/170860442693?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item27c8137445

Hi, I have got a set of original unused Lexus front pads for a IS 300 Sportcross in my garage,I think they are the same pads as the GS? your for the postage costs if you want them.

Tony

Hi, I am from the LS400 forum but most on there have had problems with after market pads, noise like you would not believe and from quite expensive pads at that.

The problem was finally resolved earlier this year, my mechanic recomended 'Ferodo Premium', they were superb, no apparent difference these and Lexus original, although I doubt the Ferodo Premium will last as long, but, yes, great, no noise at all & the same smooth, judder free, glide to a silent standstill we get from Lexus pads.

Maybe they are worth a try on the GS, hope that helps.

Was just going to suggest Ferodo ones too, after having great service from them on the Accord.

No doubt when the 3GS needs its pads replaced, I'll be checking to see if Ferodo have them for it.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links