Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2008 Style Front Grille

HI guys. New to the forum so please be gentle with me! Have just got a 2006 RX 350 SE - lovely vehicle and very please with it. Have no gripes or problems with it and just about getting my head around the sat nav.

Would like to know if it's possible to swap the grille for the later (2008 facelft ?) version? Would this be a straight swap or did the bonnet change too? Also any idea of the cost of a new grille?

Thanks for any advice available.

best to phone up Lexus and ask if a 2008 grill will fit a 2006 model..

Thanks noby76. I will speak to the dealer but just wondered if anyone had changed theirs as dealers have a habit of asking for chassis numbers, etc., and sometimes not too keen to advise when it comes to making changes from standard spec. Will give them a try though.

Thanks again.

• 1 month later...

Thought I'd follow up on this thread. Contacted dealer and was told the later grille will fit. I realised it was the grille from a 2009 400h that I'd seen and liked so ordered one of these. (Had to order a new badge too as it's bigger on the 400) Fitted last night and looks great.

Interesting thing is though, the parts dept. checked and told me these grilles are no longer in production! He was as amazed as me as they're for 2009 cars? After a lot of searching he eventually managed to source one for the Russian market. Thought I'd pass this on as if any 400 drivers have a front end ding, they'll be told they won't be able to get a new grille for it, so tell the dealer to look up the Russian spec. and they should be able to order for you. Was delivered in 2 days and the badge had to be sent from Belgium.

Thought I'd follow up on this thread. Contacted dealer and was told the later grille will fit. I realised it was the grille from a 2009 400h that I'd seen and liked so ordered one of these. (Had to order a new badge too as it's bigger on the 400) Fitted last night and looks great.

Interesting thing is though, the parts dept. checked and told me these grilles are no longer in production! He was as amazed as me as they're for 2009 cars? After a lot of searching he eventually managed to source one for the Russian market. Thought I'd pass this on as if any 400 drivers have a front end ding, they'll be told they won't be able to get a new grille for it, so tell the dealer to look up the Russian spec. and they should be able to order for you. Was delivered in 2 days and the badge had to be sent from Belgium.

Glad to hear it all fitted ok Graham :)

Andy

Can I ask what the cost was?

• 2 years later...

Interesting thing is though, the parts dept. checked and told me these grilles are no longer in production!

Really? So what are RX owners supposed to do if the front has to be replaced after an accident?

If the front end needs replacing, you're out of luck, unless you can source one from a breakers, etc. That's why I pointed it out in my post as it seems crazy that they're no longer available and will cause a problem if you need to replace?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links