Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

More Boost/power From Tte Charger.

Hi guys i'm new to the forum, and only took delivery of my is 200 SE yesterday, very happy :) clocked over 100 miles on the first day just driving aimlessly. What a great car the is200 is on first impressions. I have had a look around the forum and i'm trying to learn fast. I'm looking at some point in the future to get a bit more boost from the supercharger. I'v never worked on or had a lexus or supercharger before, but from my limited knowledge im thinking along the lines of, Getting a larger supercharger pulley ie more boost, uprage the intercooler to cope with the increase of boost/heat, induction kit, will this fit with the charger or will it have to be custom/altered. I believe that a supra engine 2JZ has a correct size pulley?? will this need a new belt? also does anyone know how much the increse in boost will be roughly and would i need a new ecu and or with the power would drivetrain / internals need any uprating?? sorry for so many questions at once, i look forward to learning more about the 200 and contributing where i can. chow for now folks.

ps pics of my car coming soon.

boost will give about 50 BHP, bigger pulley will make the charger slow down just stick to the size of the Supra 2JZ pulley, yes you'll need a new belt, a piggy back ecu or FCD ( for the fuel cut out prob's you'll get if you don't install it) you''ll need to fabricate or find a 2nd hand bracket for the charger... also you'll need a few more bits but if you do a search you'll find the lot is already posted and available for download in the manuals section on the forum ;)

Cheers for the reply :) As regards to the pulley i was posibly thinking about the stage 2 kit that tdi has to offer? How does a bigger pulley "slow down the sc? im intrigued. Already have the charger on the car just looking for a bit more ooomphhh :whistling: . I realised after i had posted about the new belt needed that that was a silly question, haha.

bigger pulley equates to longer time to turn the axle on the charger side.... so if you want the charger to move faster you'll need a smaller pulley on it... the TDI option was never 100% completely finished as far as i know of but that charger is interesting but bloody expensive ( for that money you can still buy a new TTE supercharger kit with everything ready to be bolted on). Rotrex superchargers are cool as they can be easily be re-used in another car that has the same or a little bit bigger engine displacement, reason being the size of the charger.

aha in that case I'm wrong, only have experience with g-laders and on them you change the pulley on the charger to make it go faster( and yes it is the smaller version you go for)

How much increase in boost would you be looking at do you know, im just not wanting to strain the engine too much as i cant afford big bucks for new internal upgrades/pistons just yet and looking for ways to get the most out of the charger. Any recomendations on an induction kit? :)

best is to get yourself a bigger FMIC and a good cold air intake ... BMCA has a nice one but rather expensive but if you look at it you'll notice you can fabricate that yourself... Colder Air means more CO2 = more BHP from the engine. (you can be looking at a nice 20 to 25% more BHP just from adding a bigger and more efficient FMIC and induction kit)

For a bigger pulley you could get one fabricated at this company or one like it.

Also you'll need to figure out which diameter you'll need for the bigger pulley (* a boost calculator see last section)

And from what I've read so far you can get the car to a maximum of 240 BHP on stock internals.

You'll have to use a boost calculator to make sure you workout the right boost pressure ICM with your engine I can't find it as it was on the Eaton supercharger website but it seems they've taken it off.

Thank you north, its pretty much what i expected, i just wanted to make sure there were no unexpected suprises that the 200 was prone to throw up :). Finding the 200 to be a very interesting car, lots of good reads on here :D. How do i go about sorting out the icm for the boost, am i best to get a piggyback/stand alone ecu and remap? Hopefully i know a engineering company down the road from me that could possibly make me a pulley ;) just need to work out the size. Also does the weight of the pulley matter, (is lighter or heavier better?)

Best thing you'll notice is piggyback as the IS has a multiplex ECU meaning all the electronics in the car are run of the combined ECU's... that said... there are people that have a standalone ECU that hooks into the multiplex ECU to keep the rest working

Do a search on this on the site if you go the standalone ECU route, you'll need someone that has done it before and can tell you how much it costs and how long it takes to have it setup properly.

The pulley = lighter the better. Less weight = less mass = less engine drag = faster spinning up = more boost

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links