Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Gs300 1995

VoipX1

Hi,

My GS300 is in dire need of a new radius control arm on both sides...

I bought the Rubber Bushes from the states so that the original Lower and radius control arms can be reconditioned.

I also took the precaution of ordering the bots for both from Lexus themselves… £73...

How long should I expect a Garage to take to remove both Radius and lower control arm from both sides press out the old Bushes and press in the new and replace ?

If by radius arm, you mean the ones that bolt to the bottom arm and go toward the rear of the car at approx 45 degrees, it can be a bitch of a job. The front subframe has to be dropped as the bolts go in from the top. Which means supporting the engine etc as the subframe is undone and lowered. If the bolts are rusted into the bushes, they have to be heated and cut, as obviously they can't just be pulled out the bottom.

No mate, I wouldn't think scrapping is required. No idea how easy the bush is to remove, I had bough new radius arms as I needed the car back ASAP. The bolts were rusted solid into the bush sleeves on mine, so took some work to get them off. As for price, it was all rolled up in a head gasket job but I think the price was around 2 or 3 hours labour in the end. Having said that, they were a bunch of cowboys that had the car.

No mate, I wouldn't think scrapping is required. No idea how easy the bush is to remove, I had bough new radius arms as I needed the car back ASAP. The bolts were rusted solid into the bush sleeves on mine, so took some work to get them off. As for price, it was all rolled up in a head gasket job but I think the price was around 2 or 3 hours labour in the end. Having said that, they were a bunch of cowboys that had the car.

Thanks.

Thanks.

where did you get the radius arms from ?

I can't find them anywhere...

Thanks.

Lexus

Thanks.

Lexus

Yes they have them @ £200 + each I think...

Thanks.

Lexus

Yes they have them @ £200 + each I think...

Yeah, something like that. Unfortunately, urgency over cost was the order of the day when I had to buy them