Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sportcross Spare Wheel

I am mightily confused, this forum, vehicle specs, everywhere, refer to the IS200, and sportcross have a full size spare wheel. So I bought a spare to match the standard 16" 7 spokes on my sportcross, only to find...dum dum duuuum, its far too big, I mean like about 4 inches, alteast, to big to fit in the spare wheel well. So how is that people on here are fitting 17s and upwards? I'm gonna have to now order a spacesaver off eBay, in the hope that a nissan 5x114 will fit, as I can not find a lexus is200 space saver.

ok, now I'm real confused. Having done some scouring last night it looks some people with Altezza Gita have the same problem, but I would have thought they are all built in the same platform with different badges and spec, not changing the size of the wheel well.

The Mrs has taken it to work today but I'll check it again tonight. I've ordered a 16" space saver though, so hopefully that atleast fits, though not ideal.

Mate mine has a full size 17 inch in it only thing is it'll fit without air in it ( tight squeeze but it fits) so I added a mini compressor in the boot.

oh, big huge DOI!

the mechanic, and myself, could not fit the wheel in last night, I just went out now and it fit in, snug, but it fits, so I have no idea how we couldn't do it, I wonder if the wheels were oval yesterday....

Hi guys they do fit but only 1 way,except i take mine out and put it back(am at work at the moment) i cant tell you which way,however try putting the tyre/wheel in slanting furtherest away from you first and if that doesnt work try putting it in slanting but this time nearest you first,Hope you understand what i mean and hope this helps

It does fit ... and I used it (mine has the 17" 7J spare 215/45 R17 ... tyre) and would fit properly... takes a bit of effort and the tyre is fully inflated.

Now... I only thought of it ... lol the tyre I had to use the spare on was my rear tyre which is a 225/45 R17 on 7.5J alloys and I managed to put this in the spare wheel space mind you it was puncured though.

Only thing I could think incase the plastic etc are different shape on the IS200 S/C?? But I would think that would not make financial sense for Toyota/Lexus?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links