AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Sign in to follow this  
ridgersIS300

Daft Question Time - Heat Shield!

Is it safe to remove the heat shield near the back box on my car?

It's rattling like hell and doing my head in. I've tried tightening it but the bolts have rusted heavily and pretty much just go through the holes now!

I'm guessing it's there for a reason, but I ripped one off the centre section of an old banger once and for the next 12 months nothing was different :-/

I took mine of my old Primera years ago for the same reason as yours. It was fine for the next 2 years till I got rid of it :)

But like you say it's there for a reason

Martin, Have you tried to put some washers ... on the bolts so it will keep it tight through the rusted big holes?

Martin, Have you tried to put some washers ... on the bolts so it will keep it tight through the rusted big holes?

Good thinking batman! Rubber washers may work even better, absorb more of the vibration?

Good thinking batman! Rubber washers may work even better, absorb more of the vibration?

eehhmm I do not know about rubber one's as they might melt? don't know the temperatures down there lol