Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Error On Screen "a Program Cannot Be Read. Please Consult To A Dea

Had the battery disconnected on the RX400h 2007 and after reconnecting it came up with the error message. Any ideas or suggestions.

You need a Disc that contains the SW for the navigation unit - i have one that came with the E13 discs. Remove the fuse for the audio (for 15-20 sec) and put the correct disc in the navi dvd player (in the trunk).

@steve2006: message is "A Program Cannot Be Read. Please Consult to a dealer" followed by some Japanese writing.

@ Radoslav Asparuhov: would that be the same as disconnecting the negative from the Battery? I disconnected it for more than an hour and still the same result. i've googled and the next thing I can think of is buying another map/dvd to update as it may not be able to read my existing original disc.

thanks for the replies btw.

what colour disc was it? I have 2 discs, 1 white just marked as Lexus and when inserted in a PC it's like a flash-based electronic brochure and 2, the black disc labelled DVD Navigation Map.

I've read somewhere that it may be failing to read the disc and may need to get another and I'm not willing to shell out money if it's not guaranteed to work.

I'll try it with both disc and update results here.

• 2 weeks later...

just to update anyone following this thread... i've tried all sorts of things to resolve this issue... i've unplugged the NAV ECU, I've downloaded different versions of the map and burnt it onto dual-layer discs and all failed. I decided to look for another original disc. I didn't want to spend money on version E15 map so I settled for an E13 map from eBay for £26. After inserting it, the screen was blank for a while which a good sign. a minute later... success, maps loading and the full menu.

Thanks everyone here for the advice.