Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I've tried a search but couldn't find anything.

Firstly I assume the 2001 LS430 is OBD II

secondly is it standard 16 pin - no adapter needed?

Does anyone know one that works with the Lexus - either hand held or laptop based.

Its a Autel MS300 it work on the LS430 our RAV4 my landcruiser . I have also used it on Jeeps and VW

Looks like this

photo-106.jpg

Cheers - was looking at the Autel 509 - so may take the plunge

Its a Autel MS300 it work on the LS430 our RAV4 my landcruiser . I have also used it on Jeeps and VW

Looks like this

photo-106.jpg

Cheers - was looking at the Autel 509 - so may take the plunge

Non Lexus chaps sorry but its the wife car, would it be OK on a Ford (sorry) Focus (double sorry)

Mike

Mike

It should be fine I have used it on a Mondeo at work. the sellers on the bay are just taking a chance also try amazon they should,have it listed there.

If you wanted to try it I could post it to you but by the time it's gone both ways you could have nearly bought one

Mike

It should be fine I have used it on a Mondeo at work. the sellers on the bay are just taking a chance also try Amazon they should,have it listed there.

If you wanted to try it I could post it to you but by the time it's gone both ways you could have nearly bought one

Hi Steve,

What a kind offer, That's what makes the Lexus club one of the great clubs to belong to.

I am happy with what you tell me I will purchase one right away.

Thanks again Mike

Mike

It should be fine I have used it on a Mondeo at work. the sellers on the bay are just taking a chance also try Amazon they should,have it listed there.

Hi Steve,

What a kind offer, That's what makes the Lexus club one of the great clubs to belong to.

I am happy with what you tell me I will purchase one right away.

Thanks again Mike

amazon, Its on its way £19 Free P&P Guaranteed Thursday

Mike

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/150795682323?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649#ht_5617wt_1360

I bought this one. Its laptop based and worked with lexus IS220d when I needed to clear my airbag codes and nothing out there would do this. works only with XP. more info on http://garageforum.co.uk/forum/148-toyota/53369-toyota-techstream-700020-22012.html

Reporting back and I can say its bloody marvelous. 10 secs to do the scan which showed no problems, already fitted new MAS told it to erase the engine management light which it did instantly.

It took me 15 mins to find where those crafty Ford designers had hidden the port, my wife helped them in their efforts to thwart the honest man in the street doing things for himself by leaving a pair of slippers in front of it.

So in conclusion why haven't you got one yet?????

Thanks to Bookend for his kind offer and sparkyhx for the posting.

Mike

Which one did you buy Mike? Do you have the link by any chance?

I suppose I had better find out where the socket is on a mk3 if I buy one of these readers.

Do they work on a mk3 does anyone know?

Cheers

Pete.

Hi Pete,

Here you go http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B001LHVOVK/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00

It will work on any car 1996 onwards I am informed, there are plenty of sites that tell what you need to know.

My son is coming round tonight to turn his engine management light off needed a new MAS.

Its now part of the MOT if the Engine Management light wont light up and go out you don't get a pass.

Just found this on here from another post "have a look in the engine bay on top of the right bank of the engine( looking from the front) and see if there is an oblong diagnostic port connector there.

If that's no good there has got to be lots of other posts on here about the location.

Good luck

Mike

I can confirm the Autel MS509 works a treat.

Gave me an o2 sensor no 1 on bank 1.............lets see if it happens again.

Which one is that by the way? I assume its the first o2 sensor of the two but which side is bank 1?

Alternatively to access the Diagnostic Menu on the LS430 touch screen do the following.

1. Gear selector in park.

2. Handbrake on.

3. Ignition to ACC, (or start the engine if you want to do a speed check etc) wait for navi screen to power up, click "I Agree" (or buy the Vias Ipod or dvd lead and it does it for you)

4. Press and HOLD the OPTION button and AT THE SAME TIME...

5. Turn headlights from off to sidelights five times i.e. off/side/off/side/off.

6. To exit the menu, turn off the ignition, car will then behave as normal.

You will then get a screen displayed, it shows if there are any faults stored in the ECU, you must wait until it populates the empty spaces.

I repeat, you must wait until it populates the empty spaces.

John N

Alternatively to access the Diagnostic Menu on the LS430 touch screen do the following.

2. Handbrake on.

3. Ignition to ACC, (or start the engine if you want to do a speed check etc) wait for navi screen to power up, click "I Agree" (or buy the Vias Ipod or dvd lead and it does it for you)

5. Turn headlights from off to sidelights five times i.e. off/side/off/side/off.

You will then get a screen displayed, it shows if there are any faults stored in the ECU, you must wait until it populates the empty spaces.

John N

Does that work for the LS400?

Mike

2. Handbrake on.

John N

Mike

Don't know, have you tried it?

John N

2. Handbrake on.

John N

Mike

Don't know, have you tried it?

John N

Yes that was a bit stupid of me, another senior moment.

Mike

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links