Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Trd Front Lip (And "sports" Grille)

matt-c

If anyone has for sale, or thinking about selling theirs, I'm looking for a TRD front lip, and the mesh "Sports" grille - basically, like this;

2rxelxw.jpg

Ideally I'd be wanting in Platinum Ice (1CO), as I'd rather not have to faff about getting them/it painted

Thanks!

Thought I'd ask Lex Brum about a TRD front lip, supplied and painted, and got a reply back today for £350! Ouch!

Think I'll hold out and see if I can find a TTE front bumper, ideally already in 1C0 - although, I'd then need the rear, AND a set of 18" Aero six spokes to make it look as good as this

2yjya6e.png

Interesting...Lexus Birmingham sold me the lip spoiler very recently for less than that.

When I asked, I was quoted £135 for the part and £150 to paint it, plus £25 for delivery. The total was then rounded down to £300. Since I'll never find one in my colour (1D2) out in the wild, I just went ahead and got it.

I recieved it last week, roughly 2 weeks after I placed my order.

Unless they meant the £350 includes the grille and shipping for both. What they said;

Hi, Many thanks for your enquiry. we could supply the front lip spoiler for you, we would need to get it painted for you then sent out, this would cost in total £350 inclusive of VAT

Thought I'd ask Lex Brum about a TRD front lip, supplied and painted, and got a reply back today for £350! Ouch!

Think I'll hold out and see if I can find a TTE front bumper, ideally already in 1C0 - although, I'd then need the rear, AND a set of 18" Aero six spokes to make it look as good as this

2yjya6e.png

This is what mine looks like exactly!

I need a new front lower bumper where the number plate is after hitting a hedgehog or some other small creature at 90mph has dented all the mesh and smashed the number plate!

Lexus want £500 so if anybody knows where I can get one in platinum ice I'd be very gratefull!

Sorry for hijacking the thread....

Chris

I asked first! so it's mine (if one comes along) :P :D

That one in the pic was one I was actually going to buy - I found it on Autotrader, in Wales, and was gonna get a train all the way there, cab it to the showroom, hand over £3k and drive it home. But they'd sold it by the time I rang up :(

I asked first! so it's mine (if one comes along) :P :D

That one in the pic was one I was actually going to buy - I found it on Autotrader, in Wales, and was gonna get a train all the way there, cab it to the showroom, hand over £3k and drive it home. But they'd sold it by the time I rang up :(

Lol fair enough, so if anybody has or knows of 2 bumpers.....

I'd never seen one with this kit on and wheels before I saw mine. I bought it straight away, I think it looks the best an IS can look :)

Ironically, nearly all the ones I've seen with the TTE kit on have had those 18's (on Autotrader, a trader had two grey ones, both with TTE front and rear and those wheels, and the one above from Wales, and I recently found one in Stowmarket, on eBay, that was platinum ice with the TTE front and rear with those rims. I was actually very tempted to go buy the Stowmarket one, get it home, swap the bumpers and wheels over and sell it off in stock form)

I agree though, it does look properly awesome, and suits the IS shape so well

Still not seen another that looks like mine on the road. People still ask where i got the kit and are surprised when i tell them its factory standard! :)

There's a lad that works near me with a 200 and he's made a complete mess of it. Got some hideous aftermarket kit with a massive boot spoiler on it and black 3 spoke black alloys... It's also lowered so far the wheels tuck up the arch, looks like it's broken haha..... Oh dear! Lol... :)

Oh yeah, to see them like the above pic is rare indeed, but they are around. I still think the cheapest way (and possibly the only realistic way) of getting mine to look like that, is to buy one with the bumpers and wheels (and may get REALLY lucky and find one with an armrest too!), swap the bits over to mine and sell the other off as standard...

Yeah You'll do well to find one with tte kit. I watched autotrader, piston heads etc, for over a year for IS200's until mine came up! I was first caller, online as the ad went up so he sold to me. Said he'd had over 10 calls in just the first hour the ad went up so they are well sought after!

Well I'm not ever selling mine. Gonna run it till it dies. I want to see if I can beat the mileage of my old Primera EGTE. 187k miles when the engine seized. The Lex is on 91k, just had full service and cambelt change and passed MOT no advisories.....it's in good shape so heres counting!

I've found 7 so far (in the past month) with the TTE bumpers and wheels on. Three in platinum ice, a couple in black, and a couple in grey (nearly went for one of the grey ones; 04 plate, SE auto, with TTE kit and Aero 18's, 104k on it, up for £2995. The welsh one above was a sport, I think 89k, £2995, and the one in Stowmarket was also a sport, 84k, £2350!)

Interesting...Lexus Birmingham sold me the lip spoiler very recently for less than that.

When I asked, I was quoted £135 for the part and £150 to paint it, plus £25 for delivery. The total was then rounded down to £300. Since I'll never find one in my colour (1D2) out in the wild, I just went ahead and got it.

I recieved it last week, roughly 2 weeks after I placed my order.

Just got pricing bac from Jo at Lex Brum, who said £350 was for the lip, painted and posted. With the grille it's £390. Strange the pricing is different if yours was so recent...

I can't imagine it was a special deal for me personally, as I've only dealt with them a few times before, albeit on one occasion it was for a set of alloys.

I would guess they maybe underestimated the painting costs when they done mine, so they've now bumped up the price to make sure it's actually worth their while doing another one. I dunno...

If I was In your position, I think I'd just get the grille only for now since they come pre-painted in 1C0, and keep an eye out for a TTE bumper showing up at a later date.

Jo came back to me saying it was £111 for the lip, £130 painting and £20 carriage, plus vat. But she said that was £291, which plus vat is £350. But I added it up to £261 which plus cat is £313. So I told we this and she came back to me again saying she made a mistake and I was right, and would do the lip and grille both supplied and painted for £350.

To be honest, for less than £350 I'd hope to find a good nick TTE front bumper...

I might just leave it all stock for the time being and run it around, as I'm seriously tempted to switch up to a 300 at somepoint, and maybe see if I find a nice 300 with the full TTE kit and the 18" Aero six-spokes - so its not only a performance upgrade but also a visual one... Hmm, decisions decisions!

Chris - there's two TTE front bumpers on eBay at the mo (a blue one and a Platinum Ice one). I posted the links on the IS200/300 forum. When you say lower part of the bumper, what do you mean? The TTE bumper is single piece; bumper and grille are all one piece, no separate parts.

Anyway, mind change again, I think I'm gonna stick with looking for a TRD front lip and the "Sports" grille - much as I'd like the TTE kit on it, I really think it works better with the front bumper, rear lip and the 6 spoke 18's, and I really don't want to spend what will be probably another grand (or more) on looks. I'm still contemplating getting both parts, painted, from Lex Brum, but would rather spend less than £350 all in, so on the hunt for second hand ones....

Chris - there's two TTE front bumpers on eBay at the mo (a blue one and a Platinum Ice one). I posted the links on the IS200/300 forum. When you say lower part of the bumper, what do you mean? The TTE bumper is single piece; bumper and grille are all one piece, no separate parts.

Anyway, mind change again, I think I'm gonna stick with looking for a TRD front lip and the "Sports" grille - much as I'd like the TTE kit on it, I really think it works better with the front bumper, rear lip and the 6 spoke 18's, and I really don't want to spend what will be probably another grand (or more) on looks. I'm still contemplating getting both parts, painted, from Lex Brum, but would rather spend less than £350 all in, so on the hunt for second hand ones....

Thanks for the tip :)

When I say lower part I mean from below the bumper, the mesh bit. It's all smashed in, can't see it as the number plate is hiding it but I know its smashed and it annoys me! Also I want to put square plate on the front and the you would def be able to see the smashed mesh.

I didn't realise it was all 1 part, thanks for that too! :)

Just looked at it. He's removed the mesh to make way for an intercooler! Haha the mesh is the main reason I wanted it!

I could just buy the mesh but I wanted a whole new lip because mines got stone chips everywhere!

I can't afford £300+ tho from main dealer!

I wouldn't be replacing the entire front bumper just for that. Any good bodyshop would be able to strip off the mesh, then fix whatever cracks you have with fibreglass, sand smooth and repaint - probably cost a hell of a lot less than £300-£500 you;ve been quoted. Get some pics up so people can assess the damage.

I wouldn't be replacing the entire front bumper just for that. Any good bodyshop would be able to strip off the mesh, then fix whatever cracks you have with fibreglass, sand smooth and repaint - probably cost a hell of a lot less than £300-£500 you;ve been quoted. Get some pics up so people can assess the damage.

I don't own a computer so can't upload pics from my Iphone! I'll try at work tomorrow.

You know what, it never occurred to me to get a quote from a body shop! Doh....

I fear tho that if I get them to do that I'll end up forking out for a full re spray as I'd love to get that done. Bloody stone chips and tar marks everywhere lower down on the body and a few scratches which annoy the hell out of me and also a patch of scratches on the drivers door where a previous owner obviously removed some bird crap or something with a scouring pad!

Use the Photobucket app from the app store (free). You can upload pics from the camera roll and copy and paste an image link into the forum post

Mines got a few scratches here and there (but then, it IS a ten year old car!); bit of bush rash on the bumper corners, etc. But they all only lacquer deep, and not into the paint, so not too bad. I'd like to see if they could get buffed out by someone that knows what they are doing with a power polisher or mop, one day...

If you do decide to go for a new bumper rather than a fix, let me know, as I might have the old one off you and make it a project to fix, then get it repainted (I can fill and sand, but I can't paint to save my life!)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links