Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Howdee Folks

Had my GS300 2005 for nearly 4 years now, do about 10k miles a year.

Check vsc light is back on, meaning new oxygen sensor required.

So far it seems this car is getting through one of these every year, is this normal, anyone else have this issue?

sounds like you are unlucky. Has the latest warning light been diagnosed as an oxygen sensor, there are hundreds or reasons why it could be lit?

Were genuine Denso sensors used as replacements previously? It is normal for the sensors to start failing after 60k / 6 years, obviously there are ones that fail earlier than that.

My brother in law has a IS 250 its 4 years old but only done 17k miles, his oxygen sensor went, he wasn’t very pleased I think it was around £260 bill, after a lot of phone calls he managed to get it replaced free. He was told if the car is not used regularly the sensors tend to rust.

• 2 weeks later...

DEVASTATED!!!!

Lexus tell me the car needs 2 new Oxygen sensors, a new catalytic convertor, which with the service will come to £1750.....and the cat won't arrive till the 15th, and I can only have a courtesy car till this monday.

O'Dear........any thoughts!!!!......I have told them to go ahead with the work anyways. (wish I had sold it 6 months ago)

oh well.....so long as you've got your health!

Need a drink :msn-cry:

DEVASTATED!!!!

Lexus tell me the car needs 2 new Oxygen sensors, a new catalytic convertor, which with the service will come to £1750.....and the cat won't arrive till the 15th, and I can only have a courtesy car till this monday.

O'Dear........any thoughts!!!!......I have told them to go ahead with the work anyways. (wish I had sold it 6 months ago)

oh well.....so long as you've got your health!

Need a drink :msn-cry:

That's a hefty bill, I'm considering buying a 7 year old GS300 for my mother on the basis that it hopefully won't sting her with any big bills given that she will probably only do around 2-3k miles a year. Not so sure it's a wise move now..

Is it a reliability issue with todays parts and like everything else these days are they made to a price not a quality?

Mine have been in 18 years,the car has averaged just 4000 miles a year, as they are still working they haven't I assume gone rusty and are obviously reliable.

The other thing is it always seems to be the "Green" parts that fail, O2 sensors, EGR systems and the DPF on diesels, a nice little earner for the dealers and HMRC.

UPDATE:

Spoke this morning with Lexus Dealer, seems that the new Cat isn't coming from somewhere in Europe, but rather Japan!!! So no car for another week.

They are however lending me a car again this weekend so my weekend break to Windsor isn't spoilt, so thats very good of them.

Steve has summed it up, my Old GS was bullet proof......they just don't build things like they used to, not just a Lexus thing, i'm sure many Merc and BMW owners would say the same.

Ho-Hum.

Maybe should look into a replacement high flow cat. My car exhaust was blowing and replaced for stainless exhiast for 550 when Lexus wanted 1800 just for parts. So maybe aftermarket high flow car may come in cheaper although Lexus dealer would say no to any non Toyota part. Or cheaper still breakers yard or eBay failing that order parts from the US save a tone over UK prices.

Got my Car back.

All seems ticketyboo.....eventually cost £1830 inc vat.

Had advisory on more of the exhaust, and will soon require a new centre pipe £1121.88 and new rear box £705.39 ......given that I just spent £700 on new cat......has anyone with a similar car ever used aftermarket companies, and would they be much cheaper/as good.

Rgds, Tony.

• 4 weeks later...

stainlesss steel so doesnt rot as quiker as the normal one they are custom made so if you want abit of noise when you kick down you can have that also much lighter and some companies do lifetime warantees. i would recommend after market cheaper, reliable and frees up any ristricted horses!

just a thought!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links